Food and Beverage Manager | The Residence Zanzibar
Cosa comprende il lavoro
Responsible for the consistency, innovative and creative service of the highest quality for the dining rooms, special functions and other food facilities, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction.
Additionally, responsible for the smooth running of the Food and Beverage service and manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the Food and Beverage service.
Food and beverage Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Trains, develops and motivates supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
2. Oversee and manage all operations and matters related to Food & Beverage department.
3. Highly organised, results-oriented, with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
4. Well-developed customer relation skills.
5. Demonstrate a passion and commitment to training.
6. Responsible to increase sale of the outlets by developing new products, new concepts & promo-tions.
7. Ensuring high standards of service delivery, safety, hygiene, security, discipline and compliance with the organisation’s policy and procedure
8. Responsible for planning, forecasting and budgeting the revenues, cost and inventory control for the F&B department.
9. Maintaining budgets and reaches financial departmental targets.
10. Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
11. Should be able to provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the Food and Beverage service.
12. Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
13. Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and Food and Beverage service staff.
14. He should advocate sound financial/business decision making, demonstrates honesty, integrity and also leads by example.
15. Provides and supports service behaviours that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
16. Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
17. Delegates as appropriate to develop supervisors and subordinates to accept responsibility and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
18. Determines how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
19. Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
20. Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
21. Ensures all equipment in the Food and Beverage service is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel standards.
22. Coordinates with the purchase department for acquisition of needed goods and services.
23. Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards.
24. Ensure proper grooming and hygiene standards for all Food and Beverage service staffs.
25. Ensures all Food and Beverage service employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
26. Ensure proper purchasing, receiving and food storage standards in the Food and Beverage service.
27. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
28. Actively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
29. Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.
30. Ensure sufficient staffing levels are scheduled to accommodate business demands.
31. Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified for Food and Beverage service and food servers.
32. Discuss daily food cost reports with key Food and Beverage service and F&B team members.
33. Review weekly and monthly schedules to meet forecast and budget.
34. Attend the daily morning meetings and other administrative sessions.
35. Identifies the developmental needs of Food and Beverage service staffs and provide coaching, mentoring, and also helping them to improve their knowledge or skills.
36. Trains Food and Beverage service associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations. Also interview and hire new applicants for Food and Beverage service.
37. Frequently review finished products for quality and presentation before the orders are send to guest.
38. Able to perform additional duties as requested by the hotel management as and when required.
39. Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to hotel operational Standard and Management Policy.
40. As a Food and Beverage Manager, you are hereby expected to work from Monday to Saturday and take your day off on Sunday. However, and if the operation demands it, you may also have to work on Sunday and take your day off an alternate day which you may find suitable and based on the requirement of the operations.
• Diploma or degree in business management or tourism related field would be an asset
• Leadership skills
• Inventory management
• Conflict resolution
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to multi-task
• Good organizational skills
Lingua richiesta: Inglese.
Cenizaro Hotels & Resorts is a leading international hospitality company with a multi-branded portfolio of independent luxury hotel properties in some of the world’s most desirable locations. Whilst each establishment reflects a distinct individual personality and sense of place, every hotel in the family embodies the legendary hallmark of excellence the world has come to know; attention to detail, and intuitive, personal and discreet customer service.
A signature brand, The Residence by Cenizaro is an intimate collection of four hotels located in Tunis, Mauritius, Zanzibar and Maldives. Owned and managed by Cenizaro Hotels & Resorts, the group’s growth strategy will soon see the opening of another four hotels; two in Tunisia, a desert resort in Douz – the gateway to the Sahara, and a historical gem in the UNESCO World-Heritage protected The Medina of Tunis, a second Maldives resort and a new resort in Bintan, Indonesia. Forming an integral part of Cenizaro’s portfolio of hotels; located in the heart of vibrant metropolises; Sheraton Towers Singapore and Four Points by Sheraton Perth provide a residential haven that envelops guests in warm hospitality within a dynamic urban environment.
Offering management and professional services for luxury hotels and resorts, spas and residential developments; Cenizaro is inspired by a total dedication to enriching experiences, and a commitment to excellence that is evident across every element of its business.