citizenM is an affordable luxury hotel chain for mobile citizens of the world. With a style that will knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world’s fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveler who is quality and design-driven, and value-conscious. We currently have hotels in the Netherlands, France, UK, Switzerland, Denmark, USA, and Asia, with more to come soon. We are proud to put hospitality back into the hospitality industry and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach. We like to do things differently. This means our hotels are not traditional… and neither are our support offices. We're open-minded, with kind hearts and global minds. purpose
The business development manager is part of the centralized commercial team of citizenM and subsequently focuses on the responsibilities of global sales growth. Join the global sales team and push business growth objectives, from prospects to existing clients and any other business opportunity focusing on the SME segment. key responsibilities
qualifications / skills
- Prospecting, generating and qualifying leads on the SME segment that directly impact the global sales organization
- Prioritizing leads and prospects to ensure the highest level of conversion
- Responsible for sourcing business from the Northeast region to the entire cM portfolio
- Collaborating with marketing, demand, and other cross functional teams
- Leveraging tools including LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Agency360, ZoomInfo and Salesforce to build and monitor your sales pipeline.
- Monitoring account portfolio performance and KPIs in PowerBI
- Working as one team with the regional operations commercial team
- Align with Team Leaders on all prospects and leads in the pipeline
- Managing and assisting existing clients
- Creation, maintenance and operation of corporate booking pages
- Drive, engage and support new projects
what's in it for you?
- Go-getter mindset with skills to hunt for B2B contacts and manage a sales pipeline
- Prior sales experience, ideally familiar with cold prospecting and knowing what it’s like to have a monthly target
- Detail oriented and knows how to stay organized in the midst of working multiple leads and prospects accounts
- Experience with CRM, customer engagement platforms, and lead generation tools
- A start-up mentality: due to citizenM’s fast expansion, we must assist in anyway colleagues from other commercial specialties
- Fluent in written and spoken English - another language is a plus.
- Proactive, self motivated, team player and respectful
- Experience in travel industry or saas selling is a plus
- You are able to travel for up to 30% of the time to meet clients in Washington DC, Boston and Chicago
locations / hours / salary
- citizenM experience nights for you (and friends and family)
- Personal and professional development opportunities and programmes
- Latest tech devices and all the tools you need to be successful in your role
- Commuting travel costs covered (by car or public transport)
- Flexible public holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Varied team days and social events (from food trucks and quizzes at the office to parties on boats)
- New York Support Office. Hybrid working is possible, not fully remote. Salary range between $85,000-$95,000 based on qualifications.
We actively seek applications from qualified individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace, whether in relation to religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We’re also happy to make accommodations in the interview process and beyond to best suit the needs and strengths of disabled people and neurodivergent individuals. If you require accommodations, please add a note in your application and we will work together to find the best solution possible.