Why working with us is different
We won’t put you in a box as a ‘receptionist’ or ‘food and beverage’ person. With us, you’ll become a champion multitasker – customer service, receptionist, concierge, barista, mixologist, logistics and more. You will be a citizenM ambassador, free to be yourself to do the best job you can. We believe in making work fun. If you’re having a great experience, so will our guests.
We’re proud to put hospitality back in the hospitality industry, and that’s because of our ambassadors. We don’t hire them for their skills; we hire them for their attitude. We seek people who feel great about making others smile and we see the results in our happy guests.Your typical citizenM shift could include:
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- Making sure everyone gets a warm welcome as soon as they walk in;
- Helping guests at the self check-in kiosks (we have no reception desk);
- Preparing and serving hot and cold breakfast and meals;
- Brewing delicious coffee or mixing a signature cocktail;
- Being a secret concierge to the city, answering guests’ questions about the best places to visit, eat, shop or party;
- Maintaining the living room and the canteen clean, and arranging food displays for the following shift;
- Helping our guests with any requests or demands regarding our facilities (you may even get some new tech skills);
- Handling reservations in our property management system (PMS);
- Preparing societyM meeting rooms where applicable.
To be successful at citizenM, you’ll need to have:
- A genuine touch: Treat all people as you would treat your best friends;
And you’ll need to be:
- A passionate attitude: Be collaborative and believe we are stronger working together. You are optimistic and spread good vibes.
Typical shifts are:
- A smart thinker: You like to find simpler, better and bolder ways to do things. You are curious and believe no detail is too small.
- Real caring: You show empathy for people and the planet. You are open to other points of view and experiences that bring out the best in me. You create positive change.
- Fluent in English. Other language abilities are welcome too!
Typical shift: our hotel operates 24/7 with a rotating flexible schedule. The typical day ambassadors shifts are: 7:00 am to 3:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. We keep things dynamic and take into account your preferences, so you enjoy your other life plans.
Now hiring for Rotterdam. What’s in it for you?
You’ll be joining a team of ambassadors who are proud to put on their citizenM outfit every day and go out to wow our guests. You’ll help us shake up the traditional hotel industry by providing the thing our guests love most about us: exceptional service.
- Competitive salaries (€ 2617,96, 38 hours per week)
- Travel allowance covered (€ 0,23 per km / up to 75 km)
- Flexible schedules
- Performance rewards
- Career progression
- Access to citizenM learning and development programs
- Full immersion (training) program for new starters
- Free citizenM experience nights for you (and discounted rate for friends and family)
- Meal & coffee on us during your shift break
- Pension and cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing program (EAP)
- citizenM uniform and comfy shoes by On Running
- Global opportunities - chance to work in other citizenMs around the world
- Referral program - €1000 bonus if your friend joins us too
citizenM loves diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from anyone.
citizenM is a hotel providing affordable luxury for the mobile citizens of the world. With style that will knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world’s fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveler who is quality and design driven, and cost conscious. We currently have hotels in Amsterdam, London, Glasgow, New York and Paris, with more to come in Europe, the USA and Asia. We are proud to have put the hospitality back into the hospitality industry, and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach. citizenM is a global hotel company that dares to be different in everything we do. We're open-minded, with open hearts and global minds. Looking for people who love people, that's how we make the world feel at home. Would you like to bring your talent to a refreshingly different company?