“The role of Business is not just to make money, but to make the world a better place.” Bertil Hult, founder of EF Education First.
Our Business exists to help people understand one another across languages, borders, and cultures.
If more than a job, you are looking to make a difference, have an impact on communities, the planet and on people, giving them a life changing experience; this position is for you!
EF international Campuses is looking for a strategical, entrepreneurial, and driven Sales Manager (M/F/X) taking the program and the team to the next level!
As a Sales Manager at EF International Language Campuses, you are responsible for the strategy, sales, marketing, budgeting, operation, and team management of the School Language program within the German market.
The Sales Manager role is a pivotal position at EF and a popular launch-pad role for upper management positions. As a Sales Manager, you have the full ownership of your program in the German market, but you operate in a truly international environment among a young and dynamic team. The specific responsibilities include: Strategy
Sales & Operation
- Developing sales / marketing strategies, implementing them, and evaluating their performances.
- Contributing to the development of the product under your responsibility.
- Continuous analysis of your team’s performance, the sales situation, the current market, and our competitors.
- Developing, executing, and meeting short- and long-term sales goals.
- Coordinating and pushing day-to-day sales and CRM activities of your team (phoning, CRM, and visits)
- Cooperating with our production units across the globe
- Crisis management and complaint handling
- Executing off- and online campaigns as well as large events, e.g., student fairs, competitions etc.
- Building relations with schools and potential corporate partners
- Overlooking the creation and production of marketing materials.
- Developing overall program budget, incl. sales and competitor analysis, pricing and discount policy, marketing and sales strategy, distribution and activity plans
- Managing your budget and ensuring effective expense as well as and cost controls – full P/L responsibility.
Desired Skills and Experience Education
- Motivating your sales team, establishing individual/team goals and objectives.
- Responsibility for performance management of sales coordinators, including performance reviews and development plans.
- Identifying staffing needs and executing successful recruitment campaigns in collaboration with Sales Director and Country Manager.
University degree, preferably within Sales and Marketing/Business Administration.Qualifications and Experience
Personal and Functional Skills
- Minimum 3/4 years of work experience in sales and marketing for a reputable company, preferably international and in a service-oriented sector or leading retail/FMCG company
- Documented leadership experience
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and German
- International experience from either extensive travelling or living, studying, and working abroad
- Strong business acumen and commercial instincts – eager to grow a business
- Exceptional leadership skills: a true people’s person and a great motivator, especially when things get tough
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet challenging deadlines and perform under pressure
- A passionate and positive attitude, believing that nothing is impossible
- A truly entrepreneurial spirit, yet structured and with attention to detail
- A hands-on, proactive approach and ready to go the extra mile whenever necessary
- A creative, lively, dynamic, and energetic personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to quality and customer service
- Should fit into a fast-growing environment, i.e. be able to cope with some uncertainties and see them as part of the company’s rapid development
- Exciting opportunities for growth, e.g., regular training, seminars
- International travel opportunities
- A dynamic, innovative work environment and office culture
- Collaboration with a network of EF colleagues all over the world.
- Brand new office at the end of the year at the heart of Dusseldorf.
- EF is a member of the German Travel Association - all benefits of travel associated; reduced discounts on hotels, flights etc.…
- Public transportation discount
EF is a company with exceptional opportunities; we have a flat organization thus no hierarchy-based working environment. We attract sales-driven, progressive younger people who are encouraged to take a lot of responsibility and develop within the company.If this job sounds interesting for you, please send your CV in English!