Who We Are:
Four Seasons prides itself on the commitment to the Golden Rule philosophy, and strives to provide the best possible experience for both our guests and employees. To learn more about Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, watch this exciting video: We Are Four Seasons .
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale is a luxury hotel nestled in the foothills of Pinnacle Peak amid towering cacti, enriched with outstanding design and talent.
https://www.instagram.com/fsscottsdale/ The Position/Role
The Assistant Director of People + Culture is as true driver of the employee experience. As an essential member of the People + Culture Team, you are responsible for assisting people bring their best selves to work, achieving their dreams, and building their self-confidence. You will create an environment that focuses on fairness, inclusion, and is service centric.
Embrace and promote the Golden Rule - the simple idea that if you treat people well, the way you would like to be treated, they will do the same. Demonstrate and champion key leadership behaviors which create a sense of trust and openness, invest in the development and success of our team and lead with inspiration.
The Assistant Director of People + Culture will oversee the growth and development of the People + Culture Coordinator, support the Learning + Development Manager in driving a strong culture of learning in the resort, oversee activities including employee relations, workforce planning, coaching and development of both leaders and employees, and culture building. This is a department head level position, which is eligible for an annual incentive. The role reports to the Director of People + Culture.Assistant Director of People + Culture Responsibilities:
- Champions the employee experience through organization of activities, communication tools and programming.
- Assess the needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, compensation, career development and leadership development and drive the appropriate solutions in these areas.
- Act as liaison between employee and leadership to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations.
- Identify, analyze and initiate appropriate actions to resolve employee concerns.
- Manage the financial issues for the People + Culture budget including benefits, labor & salary reports and plan cost effective events within the People + Culture budget guidelines.
- Work closely with Finance regarding labor meeting, employee attestations, wage and hour training.
- Conduct regular audits of insurance records, terminations, I-9 records, vacation and sick allowances, etc.
- Organize and supervise all employee programs - recognition celebrations, community outreach, internal meetings, etc.
- Respond to employee claims, Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment and Wage & Hour.
- Manages benefits administration, enrollment, education, compliance and billing processes.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors while maintaining the confidentiality of People + Culture.
- Understanding the importance of our Interviewing process and providing guidance and counsel to our managers throughout the process.
- Support Talent Acquisition Manager with recruitment fairs and collaboration with universities, and sourcing innovative ways to find top talent.
- Support the recruitment function and efforts through collaboration with Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure innovative and relevant opportunities to find staff.
- Review and analyze recruitment trends: Turnover, Resort Promotions, local and industry information.
Learning + Development
Who You Are!
- Administer and train employees – A champion of our New Hire Orientation (Embark), benefits, core and culture standards.
- Create and develop opportunities to attract, develop and retain people to achieve their fullest potential.
- A strategic hotel partner who promotes and ensures continuous training, growth and development within our hotel and team.
- In collaboration with the L&D Manager, creates a compelling picture of how the learning function can improve the performance of the hotel and execute the strategy.
- Ensures new managers to the company are supported and given the knowledge, tools and skills to successfully complete their 90-day probationary period.
- Assists in training Planning Committee members to conduct leadership development programs, and blended learning programs to their direct reports.
- Champions our Core and Culture Standards achievements through training, testing, campaigns, and initiatives.
- In collaboration with the L&D Manager, ensure necessary training and learning is conducted in departments on a consistent basis.
- Consults with managers to determine solutions to needs and implement change initiatives.
- Collaborate with managers at various levels (supervisors to division heads) and establish HR strategy and solutions in order to accomplish hotel goals and help deliver results.
- Support L&D Manager in working with hotel leadership to identify performance gaps through the analysis of Glitch Reports, Guest Feedback and Mystery Shopper.
- You promote a pro-active, high energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement.
- People Focused.
- You’re a driver – driven to find results, identify options and solutions, and motivated to see progress.
- Ability to work in a face paced environment, multi-task, and strong attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies, procedures, compliance and practices and experience in developing, executing and maintaining of HR projects and programs. Champion our core values, operate with high integrity and ethics.
- Enjoy presenting and being on stage to train, teach, and have fun.
- Demonstrable ability to diagnose problems using critical thinking skills and identify and drive appropriate solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent emotional intelligence, interpersonal and coaching skills.
- At least 2 years of hospitality HR experience in a management role OR 2+ years of Learning and Development (Training Manager) experience within hospitality/hotels
- Strong working knowledge of the Workday or similar HRIS system, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, to create efficiencies and systems.
- Knowledge of Local and Federal Law
- Knowledge of Workday HRIS system a plus
- Flexibility with schedule – Able to work weekends, mornings, evenings and holidays as requested by hotel.
For internal non-US Four Seasons applicants, please contact your People + Culture (HR) Department with questions about management transfers.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf