Four Seasons is powered by our people. We are a collective of individuals who crave to become better, to push ourselves to new heights and to treat each other as we wish to be treated in return. Our team members from around the world create special experiences for our guests through a commitment to luxury with genuine heart. We pride ourselves on creating a fun and supportive environment where our people are motivated to be their very best: where radical empathy, creative bravery and celebrating individuality are at the forefront.
Four Seasons Employee Benefits include:
• Excellent Salary and Wages
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401K Retirement Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
• Complimentary Life insurance
• Vacation & Paid Sick Time Off
• Complimentary Employee Meals
• COMPLIMENTARY room nights at Four Seasons Hotels around the world
And much more!
The Opportunity: The Four Seasons, Washington D.C. is currently looking for a creative and passionate Banquet Events Manager. We are looking for an individual to support the Director of Events by planning, organizing, controlling and directing the work of the Events team. They will also participate in procuring decor items for department. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for event design and a love of creating extraordinary experiences that last a day, evening, or weekend, and will be remembered for a lifetime.
Who We Look For: We look for individuals who let their true self shine at work, who are honest and reliable, who master their craft by delivering service with passion and who strive to celebrate others individuality. Past experience in a managerial or operational role with a high-end, on-or off-premise catering operation is a must. The individual must have working knowledge of current food and beverage trends, event trends, and dietary restrictions.
• Two to Three years experience in an Assistant Manager position in Banquets or other Food & Beverage outlets.
• College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or equivalent experience is required.
• Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
• High-end, off premise catering experience is an advantage
• Strong organizational skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask. High level of creativity.
• Ability to irregular hours, weekends, and evenings.
• Knowledge of food & beverage service, cost control, labor control, maintenance, merchandising, and accounting.
• Knowledge of audio-visual equipment and internet technology – preferred.
• Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in the United States. Applicants without valid work authorization for the United States will not be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available. For internal non-US Four Seasons applicants, please contact your Human Resources Department with questions about international management transfers.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact our Human Resources Office at 202-944-2071 or stop by 1111 29th St NW, Washington DC 20007.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf