Communications / Reservations (CORE) Agent
Beverly Wilshire a Four Seasons Hotel
The Beverly Wilshire a Four Seasons Hotel is looking for a Hotel Communications Agent who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do. This position has the opportunity to shape guest experience by providing exceptional knowledge and service in support of our world-renowned hotels. The Hotel Communications Agent reports to the CORE Manager. Work authorization for the location is required.
Join Our Team
Located at the intersection of Wilshire and Rodeo, an international cast of personalities comes together amid urban buzz, Hollywood glamour and a sophisticated California vibe. Experience CUT, Wolfgang Puck's, and become part of a iconic hotel of the Four Seasons Portfolio.
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion for providing above and beyond guest experiences.
Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
Answers and directs phone calls, radio requests, HotSos requests, make reservations, take in-room dining orders, telephone requests, and faxes in an efficient, courteous and professional manner. Achieve maximum customer satisfaction for In-Room Dining, Housekeeping, and Engineering Departments. Support and assist the Front Desk team as needed; Will comply with any other additional requests that may arise pertaining to Hotel Communications Agent duties.
- Answers phone inquiries in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest names when possible and routing calls to proper extensions.
- Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
- Accommodate special requests whenever possible.
- Resolve guest complaints according to Four Seasons Standards.
- Respond to all guest inquiries and requests for maintenance, housekeeping, in room dining, spa and reservations accurately.
- Use HotSoS, Opera, Micros, Book4time and Rex (or any other computer application) to log and track these requests.
- Assist guests in all inquiries in connection with high-speed Internet service, telephone and facsimile services, hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Utilize and ensure proper working condition of the telephone system, HotSos and booking system for in-room dining and spa.
- Describe the selection of in-room dining menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of each item, origin, taste and preparation methods.
- Describe spa treatments and their health/wellness benefits.
- Sell and recommend treatments based on guest’s needs by providing insightful suggestions.
- Communicate guest orders including any special needs or requests to the kitchen using the hotel’s point-of-sales system.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Monitors and responds to hotel emergency and safety situations in an efficient and professional manner.
- Accepts and delivers wake-up calls, messages and logs facsimiles in a timely manner.
- The ability to answer all incoming calls promptly with a pleasant tone of voice, using names when possible, and routing calls to proper extensions.
- The ability to assist with “Do Not Disturb” requests, screening calls, “No Information” calls, busy extensions, transferring calls, call forwarding, call holding, call pick-up, call waiting, and three-way conversations.
- Assist callers in placement of local or long distance calls.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Adhere to meal break policy and proper payroll procedures.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for individuals who have 1-2 years previous experience as a Telecommunications Operator, Front Desk Agent, Spa Receptionist, Customer Service Sales Representative, Coordinator or Order Taker in a fast paced Hotel operation. Exceptional communication skills and command of English language. This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule and the ability to work different shifts, weekends and holidays.
What to Expect: You Will…
Hourly Rate: $27.20
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Have access to a robust benefit plan
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done
- Be recognized for excellence
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application
******Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview. ******
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf