At Four Seasons we consider life and work to be richer when we truly connect with the people and the environment around us.
Our family members are masters at their crafts – a gardener can become an artist, a manager a conductor, a chef an inventor. We look for employees who share the Golden Rule: people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for our people to characterize a shared passion for excellence and to infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.About Four Seasons
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized service. Currently operating 180 + Hotels and Private Residences in major city centers and resort destination in 47 countries, and with many more projects in development stage, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards.Main Duties/Description:
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- To prepare and cook food according to standard procedures, recipe cards, photographs and given instructions.
- To help the Chef de Partie/Demi Chef de Partie to establish standard recipes and ensure the compliance with them.
- Constantly inspect taste, temperature and visual appeal, make sure that all dishes are uniform and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
- To participate in product development and in controlling the smooth operation of the Pastry Kitchen.
- To ensure food quality, food taste, food presentation and food requisition.
- To have a good knowledge of cuisines to carry out the duties and responsibilities for the position in an efficient and productive manner.
- To be able to manage a shift.
- To ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed and the Kitchen is always clean, neat and tidy.
- To assist the Chef’s in the day-to-day operation of the Pastry Kitchen and to help maintain a high Standard of food preparation.
- To have full knowledge of Four Seasons Food Standards.
- To ensure all equipment is in full working order.
- To ensure an adequate supply of all products prepared on a timely basis.
- To do requisition of all items needed for the following day from the food storeroom, non-food storeroom and stewarding department.
- To prepare exciting and appealing room amenity when needed.
- To demonstrate and maintain at all times a professional behavior and positive attitude.
- To communicate regularly with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef to achieve an excellent rapport throughout the food production department.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management. This includes packaging design, procurement; marketing and merchandising of food products in conjunction with Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director.
- To have a full working knowledge of halal food, service and preparation.
- To execute Alternative Cuisine and Spa Cuisine.
- To be certified in Food Service Sanitation as available and to implement protocols.
- To work closely with all chefs in relation to the food.
The benefits offered by Four Seasons Hotel Kuwait:
- Relevant experience in 5 star hotel
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Flexible with schedule and prepared to work a variety of shifts, including overtime and adjust shift and/or off days according to operational requirements.
- Works well in a team environment ability to work effectively under pressure
- Preferred Asian or Arab national
- Complimentary accommodation on full board basis in a high quality, well-resourced compound with Wi-Fi internet
- Complimentary nights at other FS Hotels worldwide
- Opportunities to learn and grow with online and offline trainings
- Regular social and sports events
- Paid home leave with flight tickets
- Complimentary employee meals and Uniforms
- Health medical and insurance benefits
- Free transportation to and from work with Wi-Fi internet access
Hotel will apply for the work authorization for the successful candidate
We look forward to receiving your application!