Descrizione del lavoro
About Cinder House:
Cinder House is a partnership project between Chef Gerard Craft and the Four Seasons Hotel Company. Chef Gerard Craft is the founder and owner of Niche Food Group which has 5 restaurants in St. Louis, MO. As a Food & Wine Best New Chef, Food & Wine Innovator of the Year, and 2015 James Beard Foundation Award-winning Best Chef: Midwest Craft has been a pioneer for the Midwest dining scene. Cinder House is a Contemporary South American restaurant with a nod to Brazil that utilize live fire cooking and South American spices. The partnership of Chef Crafts Culinary skills and Four Seasons service is in perfect harmony in the walls of Downtown St. Louis with Floor to ceiling windows facing the Gateway City Arch.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts:
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us. At Four Seasons, our company values are much more than a program or a policy; they define who we are and inform the decisions we make. The company's guiding principle is the Golden Rule, and as such Four Seasons strives to have a long-lasting, positive influence on the communities where we operate and on the people we employ and serve around the world.
Sited near the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers, historic St. Louis continues to invite exploration. Find the luxurious Hotel, a haven of tranquility with epic views of the Gateway Arch, in the heart of downtown's entertainment district, just steps away from Lumiere Place Casino, the pulse of St. Louis.
About the Role of Cook I:
The Cook 1 will prepare all meals and pastries including but not limited to breakfast, lunch, dinner, food items per guest orders in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment. Prepare and serve food for Employee Cafeteria as needed. Complies with any additional requests that may arise pertaining to Cook 1 duties.
- Prepare consistent quality food and pastry items according to guest orders following recipe cards and production, portion, and presentation standards.
- Complete place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Effectively operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including but not limited to deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Acts as a liaison between the line-staff and kitchen management to insure the kitchen staff is operating in at the expected level set by the Resort Culinary Management.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Adhere to meal break policy and follow proper payroll procedures.
- Assist in prep work as required for the next shift.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum two years culinary or related work experience.
- Culinary knowledge is expected for this position.
- Working knowledge is generally attained on-the-job.
- Culinary institution educated preferred
- Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill.
- Proficient knife skills and ability to multi-task.
What we are offering you:
Four Seasons believes in offering the best to the best; check out some of our amazing benefits!
An opportunity to be a part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
The opportunity to engage in a diverse and challenging work environment
Complimentary and or Discounted Hotel Stays
Excellent Benefits Package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K
Complimentary daily employee meal
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons-visit us:
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Altre offerte consigliate
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Casino Barrière de Toulouse
Casino Barrière de Toulouse