Four Seasons Sharm El Sheikh is looking for a talented Director of Sales who is responsible for the management of all sales administration employees and assists the Sales & Marketing Director in the leadership of the sales and marketing team. In the Project Director’s absence, assume delegated authority over the sales and marketing team.
At Four Seasons we consider life and work to be richer when we truly connect with the people and the environment around us.
Our family members are masters at their crafts – a gardener can become an artist, a manager a conductor, a chef an inventor. We look for employees who share the Golden Rule: people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for our people to characterize a shared passion for excellence and to infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh, South Sinai. The resort sprawls across an enchanting natural preserve and is embellished by the emerald-colored Red Sea.
Preferably will be given to Egyptian passport holders.
Position: Director of Sales
Location: Four Seasons Resort Sharm El Sheikh Egypt QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the required language(s).
- (4) year college/university degree (or equivalent).
- Previous experience as a DOS or Sales Manager in a Hotel or Resort
- Good personal & business reference
- Working knowledge of computer spreadsheets, Excel, word processing, and PowerPoint
Key functional Competencies
- To uncover, prospect, and sell group and individual business, in accordance with the objectives established in the Marketing Plan.
- To monitor and motivate the sales activities and the sales team.
- Ensure that all sales persons' quotas are met.
- Ensure that sales activities, individual accounts, and group bookings are focused and coordinated with transient demand to yield the maximum revenue per available room.
- To maximize sales in all hotel revenue areas.
- To implement and support all FS sales and marketing MOS.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Key Responsibilities
- Presentation Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Organization Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Managing the Sales team and overseeing the daily sales operation
- Review sales production and implement a sales action plan to achieve the budget goals
- Participate in Forecast and Yield meetings for yield optimization
- Recruit, select, and familiarize sales department personnel with the Hotel and its functions.
- Determine, in conjunction with the Director of Marketing, the standards of performance as a basis to review the progress of personnel assigned.
- Ability to assume responsibility for the Marketing Department in the absence of the Director of Marketing.
- Ability to direct sales activities of the hotel to achieve budgeted goals.
- Ability to negotiate and achieve maximum revenue/profit potential while satisfying clients' needs.
- Ability to assume the responsibility for leading and directing the hotel's group and individual room sales activity.
- Ability to be proactive and creative in developing sales and marketing solutions.
- Ability to assist in the development of the annual marketing plan.
- Ability to ensure projects are executed for all market areas as stated in the hotel marketing plan with an emphasis on increasing sales and profitability.
- Ability to review market analysis and determine client needs, occupancy potential, rates desired, etc.
- Ability to use and take advantage of company-provided Marketing "Tools."
- Ability to analyze sales statistics against booked vs. consumed business.
- Ability to negotiate and confirm sales.
- Ability to foster good communication and work productively with all Worldwide Sales Offices.
- Ability to develop a program resulting in the achievement of annual departmental goals for leads sent to other Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts.
- Ability to assist the Director of Marketing in establishing and directing the development of annual sales goals; ensures goals and incentive programs are fully understood and implemented in the hotel.
- Ability to establish group room night and average rate goals based on the marketing plan and overall objectives.
- Ability to review sales and catering work files to ascertain a proper exchange of information between hotel and client.
- Ability to support Sales Managers by participating in solving problems of the guest room and function space conflicts,
- Ability to set up and implement or follow existing systems to ensure that sales programs achieve projected results.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of the budget and ensure the department operates within cost constraints, i.e. direct selling costs, etc.
- Ability to be continuously aware of current and forecasted financial/business performance.
- Ability to coordinate sales activities with other business activities and other divisions.