Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts offers hospitality professionals an opportunity to pursue a lifelong, rewarding career potentially spanning the globe. Attitude counts as much as skill at Four Seasons, so we hire motivated, highly driven people whom we train to perform to the best of their abilities in an environment that encourages them to flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success for all—including the company—and rewards it in many different ways.
Since re-opening in 2019 after a full renovation, Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens has redefined the luxury hotel market in Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean. Named Greece’s Leading Luxury Hotel in 2022 at the World Travel Awards, this stylish Athens Riviera icon dazzles all who visit with her rich heritage and serene setting overlooking the Aegean Sea.
Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens is looking for a talented Head Sommelier for our Michelin Star Restaurant "Pelagos"
- Coordinate the wines sourcing, beers and spirits, including working with purchasing to create requisitioning policies and procedures
- Maintain relationships with distributors and sales staff.
- Develop a wine list in collaboration with the Head of Department and existing customer expectations.
- Maintain a BevCost in line with the budgets approved by the Management
- Organize wine cellars and beverage storage in Pelagos
- Supervise the bar menu in collaboration with the F&B Outlet managers of each outlet
- Carry out a monthly inventory with the help of purchasing.
- Creating training materials for all outlets, create beverage service policies and procedures
- Conduct ongoing training sessions for staff on wine, cocktail and beverage knowledge.
- Collaborate with the catering sales team to develop unique beverage offerings for events and groups
- Supporting wine and drinks sales and beverage sales
- Collaborate with wine producers and other wine industry contacts to organise events, to create a events, to create exposure for the hotel and its outlets
- Create weekly Beverage reports to track sales with Avero
- Analyze wine lists and bar lists for cost optimization and marketing opportunities to be implemented
- Manage the beverage part of the P&L for Pelagos
- Work harmoniously and professionally with colleagues and supervisors.
- Demonstrate care and genuine enthusiasm with customers and staff
- Addressing customer concerns and requests and acting decisively to ensure customer satisfaction when problems arise
- Inspect and ensure that the work area is in good condition, and report defects to ensure timely rectification in a timely manner
- Performs sales and marketing activities: conducts and evaluates routine sales analysis and competitive price surveys
- Be aware of F&B trends and new developments in the market
- Submit recommendations and new ideas to the restaurant GM
- Performs any additional duties as assigned
- Diploma in Hotel Management / Wine certification
- International knowledge in wines
- 1 to 2 years in a position as Sommelier
- Michelin star level experience is required
- Languages: Fluent in English, Greek is a plus
- Team player, customer oriented, friendly
Staff at Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens offer unrivalled service to an interesting and diverse clientele of local and international guests, including many repeaters. The Hotel features 303 keys, seven eclectic food and beverage outlets, plus luxury amenities including private pools, three private beaches, water sports, a tennis academy, and a Hippocrates-inspired spa.
Working at Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens means joining a forward-thinking and fun-loving team who work together to exceed guest expectations.
When employed in Four Seasons Astir Palace, you will enjoy our Employee benefits, which include:
If you meet our requirements, please do not hesitate to submit your application and your CV to this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Employee Meals;
- Uniform & Laundry;
- Bus Transportation to/from Elliniko;
- Monthly Employee Recognition Program;
- Opportunities for Global Travel through Task Forces and Transfers;
- Employee Travel Program (after completing six months with the company, you are eligible for complimentary nights in Four Seasons properties worldwide).