Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as a Full Time, Seasonal Overnight Steward, for Summer Season 2022 (approx. start date May/June).
This position reports to the department manager and is responsible for the cleaning, maintenance, and sanitation of china, glass, silver, kitchen equipment and kitchen production areas in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe work environment. This is an hourly, non-management role.
Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. We are looking for individuals with not only the right skills but also the right attitude for the role!The Location
Be ready for a warm Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and a top rated
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December, 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.The Role - Overview
1.Clean and sanitize china, glass, and silver using the dishwashing machine; load and unload dishware and flatware from dishwashing machine and store properly.
2. Clean and sanitize all ovens, steam kettles, mixers and other kitchen equipment as well as all kitchen drains, sinks, floors, and walls; clean, dust, seep, mop, polish, scrub, wash, strip, and buff kitchen and pastry shop production areas and hallways.
3. Clean and sanitize all pots, pans, and kitchen utensils using the correct cleaning and rinsing solutions.
4. Safely set-up, clean, and utilize the silver burnishing machine to clean, polish, sort, and transport silver following a daily or weekly schedule; place damaged or excessively worn pieces in a designated area for repair.
5. Safely utilize and store all cleaning compounds, chemicals, and materials including soaking solution utilizing the correct protective clothing.This list is not all –inclusive and should only be used as an overview of all actual responsibility.Qualifications & Experience
- Must be able to push, pull and lift up to 75lbs.
- Prior stewarding or cleaning experience is preferred.
- Prior hotel or restaurant experience is preferred.
- Ability to quickly and positively establish rapport, positive outlook.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
The ability to work in Canada is required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format. About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.What’s in it for you
- Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
- Subsidized shared staff housing,
- Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
- Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
- Excellent training and development program; if you are looking for a long term career we have opportunities after your first season, based on performance.
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.