Room Service Manager
Beverly Wilshire a Four Seasons Hotel
The Beverly Wilshire a Four Seasons Hotel is looking for a Room Service Manager who shares a passion for excellence and who infuses enthusiasm into everything they do. This position has the opportunity to shape employee experience by providing exceptional knowledge and service in support of our world-renowned hotels. The HR Coordinator reports to the Human Resources Manager. Work authorization for the location is required.
Join Our Team
Located at the intersection of Wilshire and Rodeo, an international cast of personalities comes together amid urban buzz, Hollywood glamour and a sophisticated California vibe. Experience CUT, Wolfgang Puck's, and become part of a iconic hotel of the Four Seasons Portfolio.
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and passion for providing above and beyond guest experiences.
Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
The Room Service Manager Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Room Service Department, Private Bar Department and Pool Department while ensuring guest satisfaction. Responsible for scheduling, purchasing, inventories and any additional assignments related to the Food and Beverage division. Works quickly in fast paced environment and ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Hotel’s Room Service Department to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- Must work with Division Head to accomplish long-range strategic planning for outlet operation.
- Be visible in the operation, provide recognition, promote good public relations, and handle complaints, concerns or special requests for guests, clients, and group contacts.
- Be able to describe and ensure quality of all food items, ingredients, and preparation methods, as well as provide knowledge of wine and spirits to all teams.
- Coordinate and execute private bar experience including drink specials and new or rotating products.
- Work with Director of Spa to create an innovative Restaurant experience in the Pool Deck.
- Ensure menu items are priced appropriately, analyzed for efficiencies, and updated accordingly.
- Maintain inventory of the private bar stock to ensure quality and freshness of product.
- Work closely with the Division Head, Assistant Managers, Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to design effective menu and amenity options while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price.
- Attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory and cash control.
- Observe physical condition of facilities and equipment in the outlet and make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Process the payroll and gratuity reports as required.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ensure entire team adheres to all meal break policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all wage and hour requirements for the team.
- Ensure areas of responsibility are kept to the higher standards of cleanliness, sanitation and Ecosure Audit.
- Create a work environment that supports Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging.
- Follow all guidelines, processes and procedures of Lead With Care, local, federal and state mandates.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for customer service. Requires ability to operate computer equipment and computer systems. Previous experience of 2 years preferred. Previous union experience desired. Applicants are required to have high analytical and organizational skills. Speaking, writing and reading English is required. This position requires an applicant with a flexible schedule and the ability to work different shifts and some weekends and holidays.
What to Expect: You Will…
- Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Have access to a robust benefit plan
- Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work
- Derive a sense of pride in work well done
- Be recognized for excellence
Salary Range: $75,000.00- $95,000.00
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application
******Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview. ******
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf