Descrizione del lavoro
Come join our Four Seasons Family! We are currently seeking for a talented Sous Chef who will work closely with the Executive Sous Chef running the day-to-day culinary operation of the Hotel. The Sous Chef will work in various kitchens around the resort. The Sous Chef will be responsible for planning, organizing, controlling and directing the work of team members in the Kitchen Department.
Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Kitchen Department responsible for food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Kitchen’s food production area to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- Ability to assist in all kitchens
- Assist in the planning and development of recipes, and ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
- Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Education: College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required.
- Must be flexible with schedule- Able to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, evening/overnight shifts.
- Experience: Three to five years previous experience in a culinary/food & beverage line position, or one to two years in a supervisory or assistant manager position.
- Skills and Abilities: Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
- Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems.
- Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools.
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to handle difficult situations.
Must have valid ServSafe Manager Certification
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Altre offerte consigliate
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Casino Barrière de Toulouse
Casino Barrière de Niederbronn