The gorgeous Waldorf Astoria Resort in Maui, Grand Wailea,
is looking for an Assistant Director of Front Office
to join the leadership team!
Located on 40 acres of lush tropical gardens, this Forbes 4-Star, AAA 4-Diamond property is consistently ranked among the world's best resorts with 780 rooms, 100,000 square feet of banquet space, and 7 food and beverage outlets. This includes 3 restaurants, 3 bars, a cafe, and in-room dining.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of Front Office operations.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of management experience. Hotel management experience and luxury experience is preferred. Want to learn more? Hotel Website
, YouTube What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Director of Front Office, you would be responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of all Front Office operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Assist in the direction and administration of all Front Office operations to include, but not limited to, guest service and registration (check-in/check-out), room inventory and availability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Oversee the VIP process to include, but not limited to, reviewing VIP reservations, administering amenity orders, managing resumes for incoming guests and groups, updating inventory in the system, monitoring special requests and overseeing rate changes on in-house guests
- Initiate and implement marketing up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Run and complete daily reports, analyze data and make decisions based on data
- Resolve guest issues and concerns to guest satisfaction
- Recruit, interview and train team members
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)