The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring
is minutes from The Fillmore in Downtown Silver Spring and located a half mile from the Metro Red Line to DC, which makes this hotel a perfect location for groups to stay! The Doubletree Sales team is looking for an Assistant Director of Sales
to join them! The Assistant Director of Sales will respond to sales inquiries, initiates new sales, prospects and qualifies leads and solicits potential clients, conducts site visits, determines rates, prepares proposals, negotiates contracts, services groups and analyzes/ reporting lost business for the hotel.
This is a great opportunity to work with an amazing hotel, team, and brand! The ideal candidate will have 2 + years hotel Sales Manager experience and is looking to grow their leadership experience with the hotel industry! What Will I Be Doing?
The Assistant Director of Sales will assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in the management, coordination, and execution of items related to the sales operation of the hotel. Responsible for the management and solicitation of designed market.
- Organizes and supervises departmental activities including tele-marketing, prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Directs effort of sales staff including assisting job performance and improvement of job performance utilizing action plans
- Works with HWS to develop strategies to maximize qualified leads potential for the hotel.
- Assists in compiling sales forecasts, development of guest room rates, collection and reporting of sales data, and management of sales department budget.
- Develops target lists and action plans for account solicitation. Assists in assignment and distribution of leads and inquiries. Assists in the approval of file turnovers.
- Meets with clients on property, during outside sales calls and attends major trade shows around the country in order to assist in developing and closing major pieces of business.
- Directs maintenance of sales files, accounts and other administrative duties
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
AdaptabilityWhat will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!