The iconic Waldorf Astoria property in New Orleans, The Roosevelt
, is seeking a Assistant Director of Sales
to join the leadership team!
This luxury hotel offers an unparalleled combination of Southern hospitality, world-class service and historic surroundings. As the centerpiece of the city, the hotel is located near the French Quarter and within walking distance to the city's most vibrant attractions and entertainment, including Jackson Square, Bourbon Street and the Arts & Warehouse District.
Embodying the rich heritage of Southern hospitality, this historic hotel features 504 rooms, over 60,000 square feet of meeting space, and five (5) food and beverage outlets. This includes 2 restaurants, a café, seasonal rooftop bar, and in-room dining.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Director of Sales & Marketing in the management, coordination, and execution of items related to the group sales operations of the hotel.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Want to learn more? Hotel Website
- Minimum of 5+ years of Hotel Group Sales Experience
- Well-versed in meeting space optimization of 30,000+ square feet preferred
- Luxury Hotel Sales Experience preferred
- Hilton Experience preferred
- Delphi FDC knowledge preferred
, Pinterest What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Director of Sales, you will be responsible for assisting the Director of Sales/Marketing in the management, coordination, and execution of items related to the group sales operations of the hotel. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Oversee Group Sales Team through account, proposal, contract and correspondence review
- Responsible for the management and solicitation of a designated market, with an individual sales goal
- Organize and supervise departmental activities including tele-marketing, prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, preparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Direct effort of sales staff including assisting job performance and improvement of job performance.
- Assist in compiling sales forecasts, development of guest room rates, collection and reporting of sales data, and management of sales department budget.
- Develop target lists and action plans for account solicitation.
- Assist in assignment and distribution of leads and inquiries. Assists in the approval of file turnovers.
- Meet with clients on property, during outside sales calls and attends major trade shows around the country in order to assist in developing and closing major pieces of business.
- Direct maintenance of sales files, accounts and other administrative duties.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
*Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement if applicable.
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Medical Insurance Coverage – for you and your family
- Mental Health Resources
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Supportive parental leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs