Cosa comprende il lavoro
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
A Commis II prepares, cooks and bakes food in designated areas of the kitchen for Guests and Team Members by following instructions and standards.
What will I be doing?
As the Commis II, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare food for guests and team members efficiently, economically, and hygienically as per standard recipes and procedures.
- Support the Sous Chef or the Chef de Partie in ensuring smooth operation of the kitchen and prompt service at all times.
- Plan, prepare and implement high quality food and beverage products and set-ups in the restaurant.
- Work seamlessly with recipes, standards and plating guides.
- Maintain all HACCP aspects within the hotel’s operation.
- Use all equipment, tools and machines appropriately.
- Work on off-site events when tasked.
- Complete tasks and jobs outside of the kitchen when requested.
- Assist in inventory taking.
- Knowledgeable of hotel’s occupancy, events, forecasts and achievements.
- Effectively respond to every guests’ feedback.
- Learn and adapt to changes.
- Maintain at all times a professional and positive attitude towards team members and supervisors.
- Adhere to established hotel rules and team member handbook, ensuring all team members under your supervision do so as well for the department to operate smoothly.
- Attend and actively participate in all training sessions.
- Check that the quality of food prepared by team members meet the required standards and make necessary adjustments.
- Understand, practice and promote good teamwork to achieve missions, goals, and overall departmental standards.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in an efficient and productive manner.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
A Commis II serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Junior Middle School graduate or above.
- Minimum of 1 year as Cook or Trainee in a 5-star category hotel or individual restaurant with high standards.
- Possess a valid health certificate.
- Good knowledge of Western or local cuisine.
- Able to work with and consume all products and ingredients.
- Able to set priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Work well in stressful situations, remain calm under pressure and able to solve problems.
- Able to work in a moist, hot and sometimes loud environment.
- Technical education in hospitality or culinary school preferred.
- Knowledge in HACCP preferred.
- Good command in English, both verbal and written to meet business needs, preferred.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Dipartimento: Altro
A tempo completo, A tempo indeterminato
Data di inizio:Il prima possibile
Ultima data di inizio: