Descrizione del lavoro
The Madison a Hilton Hotel our newly refreshed property, is located in the heart of Washington D.C. The Smithsonian Museums, National Mall, The White House, and two metro stations are just steps away. This an exciting opportunity to join Hilton, as Great Place to Work and Fortune named Hilton #1 Best Big Companies to Work for in 2021!
Due to a promotion, we are hiring a Director of Rooms to lead our Front Office and Housekeeping departments. The ideal candidate has at least 1 year of Housekeeping or Front Office Director/Director level experience with a hands-on leadership style. This person will have a true passion for guest service, cleanliness and developing others! OnQ and Union experience highly desired!
What will I be doing?
The Director of Rooms is responsible for the direction and oversight of key guest contact departments and their managers/team members. He/she manages and leads all guest services, bell/door services, and housekeeping functions, in order to maintain the highest level of courteous, professional, and efficient service to all guests. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct the activities of key guest contact departments by giving guidance, leadership and instruction to department heads and managers. Hires, supervises, counsels, disciplines, and evaluates all guest services
- Monitors all rooms related systems that directly impact the guest, to ensure proper procedures are in place and followed which allow for an outstanding guest experience.
- Communicates with guests and team members both verbally and in writing to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Manages executive office projects by directing staff and monitoring progress as required.
- Interacts positively with customers and take action to resolve problems to the satisfaction of parties involved.
- Ensure guest reservation policies, standards, and procedures are met. Ensure housekeeping procedures are efficiently followed and any issues immediately resolved.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
Meaningful Benefits for Your Career and Well Being
We support the well-being and performance of Team Members with industry-leading rewards, recognition and support to meet their needs:
• Competitive Salary and Bonus Plan
• Best-In-Class PTO (paid time off)
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Health and Welfare Benefit Plans
• 401(k) + match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Go Hilton - Team Member Travel Discounts
*This information is a highlight of the major benefits offered. Wages, retirement and paid time off benefits are specific to your location and position.