Join us in Orange County, California and live in one of the nation's top vacation destinations with year-round sunshine, picturesque beaches, premiere attractions and a lively dining and arts scene.
The award-winning AAA 5-Diamond Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club
is looking for an Assistant Director of Spa
to join the team!
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3 years’ experience as a Spa Operations Manager or similar role. Luxury experience and training in Forbes standards of service preferred.Want to learn more? Hotel Website
, Instagram What will I be doing?
- Assist the Director to ensure the efficient operation of the facility in accordance with local, state and federal health and cleanliness standards
- Participate in sales, marketing, merchandising, pricing, programming, conducting inventory and recording and tracking financial statistics.
- Interview, train, supervise, counsel, schedule and evaluate staff.
What are we looking for?Qualifications, must have:
- Assist to direct and administer all Spa & Wellness operations to include, but not limited to, guest service, product quality and innovation, merchandising and marketing/revenue generation, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, budget and forecasting, report generation, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Develop and implement spa menus and marketing strategies
- Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote spa services to maximize overall revenue
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of spa products, services, facilities, events and pricing and policies
- Resolve guest issues and concerns to guest satisfaction
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Spa Operations Manager or similar role.
- Strong English language skills and communication skills, written and verbal
- Professional presentation
- Ability to work with maximum accuracy
- Efficiency and attention to detail, maintaining a keen sense of urgency at all times
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment, must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions
- Ability to actively demonstrate initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity
- Excels in a team environment
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of Book 4 Time or similar Spa Software
- 5 Star experience highly preferred
- Luxury experience
- Training in Forbes standards of service preferred
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
- Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)