The Embassy Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa
is hiring an Event Manager!
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone that has a passion for events! Great compensation package and bonus
We're located between Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale, feet away from miles of sandy beach and the Atlantic Ocean. Our hotel features a salon, a spa with aromatherapy baths, an outdoor pool, and a fitness center.What will I be doing?
Qualifications - InternalREQUIRED
- Responsible for successful execution of event and customer satisfaction to ensure customer remains loyal and books future business with hotel.
- Verbal and written communication (group resume, weekly pick up, post event report, call reports, banquet event orders etc.) with customer and internal team in a proactive manner relative to payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process.
- Directs customer services via site visits, and planning meetings for definite and potential groups and effectively showcase the property and all services.
- Maximize revenues and controls expenses through effective negotiation of services and accurate forecasting.
- Respond to guest inquiries and special requests and resolve issues or concerns in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Attendance required at forecasting meetings, menu review, department, citywide pre-cons, and operational department pre shifts meetings if applicable.
ASSET What are we looking for?
- 1 year experience in hotel, or related industry dealing with event planning and execution.
- Effective listener in grasping client needs and detailing all pertinent information to all departments in making each event special, and successful for all parties.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. Our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit
. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program
, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services
offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton World wide’s Health & Welfare benefit plans
, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan
, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs
. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.