This is a SEASONAL position
Assists the Restaurant Manager with the management, direction and organization of restaurant operations to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service. A valid Food Handler's Card & Responsible Beverage Certification are required for this position. What will I be doing?
- Trains, supervises, counsels, and participates in the evaluation of restaurant staff employees for the efficient operation of the restaurant.
- Directs staff in their work assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring that restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for Guests and employees.
- Responsible for ensuring that all equipment is in working order.
- Visually inspects and takes corrective action to ensure that facilities in restaurant look appealing and attractive to guests.
- Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Oversees work orders to ensure repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
- Manages and monitors product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurant.
- Responsible for ensuring that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications.
- Moves throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Verifies temperatures, judges appearance and taste of products, and checks preparation methods to determine quality.
- Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Investigates and resolves guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Documents inventory forecast usage and monitors supply so that restaurants are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments and other items necessary to provide appropriate customer service.
- Oversees set up of dining and service areas.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the restaurant as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
What are we looking for?
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, department meetings, staff meetings, etc. This position may participate in the hotel's manager on duty program, which may require occasional weekend stayovers and full responsibility for the hotel.
- Participate in community public relations for the restaurant and the hotel.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and/or Outlook Express.
- Properly execute end of night revenue closeouts including all reports.
- Requisition supplies to have an adequate supply on hand for the following shifts.
- On occasion, participate in inventory procedures.
- Open and close shifts in accordance with instructions.
- Handle associate relations on each shift worked, finding solutions for call offs, tardiness and last minute daily problems.
- Ensure all employees are following the correct break procedure.
- Communication through daily log book.
- In emergencies, perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! The hourly rate is $25.00/hr for this position.