Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,100 properties with more than 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. In the nearly 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 14 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognized hotel brand in the world. We have more than 69 million members in our award–winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors.Position Statement:
Provide guidance and leadership as the Front Office Supervisor and ensure consistent quality of customer service is provided to all guest in accordance with Hilton and Curio Standards.Position Summary:
- Assign and instruct Guest Service Agents in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor lobby traffic to make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Manage front desk operations by completing a checklist of important daily tasks, determining room and rate availability and making decisions that are in the best interest of the hotel. Assist Guest Service Agents and other departments with any questions or requests.
- Resolve escalated customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and the most effective resolution. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after alternative solutions have been offered.
- Prepare and conduct daily pre-shift meetings, communicate effectively with all staff and provide them with any information necessary to provide guest service in accordance with Hilton standards.
- Monitor performance of staff with performance evaluations and discipline issues. Make recommendations for training related issues when inconsistencies develop at the Front Desk.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
QualificationsThe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director, Assistant Director, or Front Desk Manager
- Complete daily checklists of duties, to assure that appropriate reports are filed, and use analysis and judgment skills when preparing room discrepancy report.
- Pre-Register all VIPs and Hilton Honors Reservations so that the rooms may be inspected, and at the same time to ensure amenities are delivered to the correct rooms.
- Prepare daily forecast of expected arrivals and departures using analysis and judgement skills.
- Operation of office equipment such as facsimile and photocopier as needed.
- Participation in hiring process for Guest Service Agents.
- Respond promptly to guest requests for a supervisor or manager.
- Works with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to multitask and attention to detail.
- Ability to dissect common problems and create service solutions to improve guest experience and team morale.
- Service from the “HEART” approach toward guests and the team.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma
- Minimum Years of Experience: 6 Months Front Desk Experience
What are we looking for?
- Minimum Years of Experience: 1 Year Front Desk Experience
- Minimum Years of Experience: 1 Year Hilton Front Desk Experience
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!