The iconic Waldorf Astoria property in New Orleans, The Roosevelt
, is seeking a Garde Manger Chef
to join the Culinary
This luxury hotel offers an unparalleled combination of Southern hospitality, world-class service and historic surroundings. As the centerpiece of the city, the hotel is located near the French Quarter and within walking distance to the city's most vibrant attractions and entertainment, including Jackson Square, Bourbon Street and the Arts & Warehouse District.
Embodying the rich heritage of Southern hospitality, this historic hotel features 504 rooms, over 60,000 square feet of meeting space, and five (5) food and beverage outlets. This includes 2 restaurants, a café, seasonal rooftop bar, and in-room dining. Want to learn more? Hotel Website
, Pinterest What will I be doing?
As a Garde Manger Chef, you will be responsible for production of cold food for events and assist in the creation and makes recommendations for menu changes. Specifically, this includes but is not limited to:
What are we looking for?
- Participate in cold food production.
- Present cold food at all events in a cost effective and safe manner.
- Ensure compliance with the health department.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! The Benefits
- Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)