Come work for the dynamic duo, The Signia by Hilton San Jose & Hilton San Jose, the newest complex to our Hilton family in the heart of downtown San Jose, CA! They are looking to add a Senior Event Services Manager to their team! We have two amazing leaders that are looking for candidates with 2+ years events experience handling large groups/events within the hotel industry, who has a great understanding of room blocks and lists, and someone who wants to be a part of the largest premier complex in San Jose! We offer competitive salary, UNCAPPED quarterly team bonus potential, career growth, benefits, hotel discounts, and more! About Our Amazing Hotels:
Across the street from Plaza de César Chávez Park and within walking distance of the San Jose Convention Center, Signia by Hilton San Jose offers a prime location in the capital of Silicon Valley. Setting the stage for a new class of business travel, you’ll find over 65,000 sq. ft. of meeting and function space. Signature culinary experiences, an outdoor rooftop pool, and extensive fitness facilities complete your stay.
The Hilton San Jose sits in downtown San Jose, directly connected to the San Jose McEnery Convention Center. Light rail links and The Tech Interactive are a short walk from our door. San Jose International Airport is four miles away and we’re 13 minutes from Levi’s Stadium, home to the San Francisco 49ers. What will I be doing?
As Senior Event Services Manager you will be responsible for event documentation and coordination with Sales, hotel departments and customers to ensure consistent, high-level service throughout the pre-event, event, and post-event phases of all hotel events. This position primarily handles complex events. You will be required to ensure a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by upselling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Serve as the event planner primary contact following turnover on property and is responsible for his/her experience.
As a Team Member in this role, you will be responsible to:
- To organize, plan and prioritize your duties by developing plans and goals.
- Timely communication to internal and external clients via telephone, email, written documents or in person.
- Create and maintain relationships with clients to set and meet client expectations and deliver on those expectations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of job systems, products, booking systems, and processes.
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate with others while handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts.
- Selling and influencing both internal and external clients.
- Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing and evaluating the issues and determine the best solution.
- Ensure high quality service by communicating and assisting others to understand the guest needs, providing direction and guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
- Participate in customer site inspections and assist with the sales process as necessary
The Benefits- Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay (Based on hotel)
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
*Please note, benefits may vary depending on the classification and union status of the position.