Descrizione del lavoro
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying, or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your day to day
As a Pastry Sous Chef, you will be responsible to oversees and directs the operation of the Pastry kitchen, including food preparation and quality, physical maintenance, and inventory functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and food and supply costs are controlled. Some of main responsibility are :
- Develop popular menus offering with Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef that is value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines
- Plan and organize with the Executive chef successful Food and Beverage promotional activities in the hotel and oversee them
- Prepare and manage a cost-effective budget with measurable targets for a department within the financial parameters set down by the hotel budget
- Creatively design new menus for pastry kitchen, arrange for showcasing and tasting of pastries menu
- Assist Executive Chef for procurement for required resources
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviors, and governmental regulations.
- Ensure team member has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Chef, with at least 3 years in a management capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience.
- Vast knowledge of pastry practices, menus, and offerings
- High level of written and verbal Business English
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Experience with financial budgeting is desirable
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
InterContinental Fujairah Resort
An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury, the InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains.