Descrizione del lavoro
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa, Mallorca is located on a cliff and surrounded by pine forests looking over the fishing town of Port Soller. Its 121 spacious guestrooms and suites, all with private terrace or French balcony, enjoy stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea or views of the port and the impressive Tramuntana mountain range, a UNESCO Heritage site. The hotel offers three restaurants, three bars, two swimming pools and our Talise Spa. The hotel is divided into eleven low-rise structures ensuring that visitors experience a truly exceptional and natural environment.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing Clerk position to join our finance Department in Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- General assistance in the day to day running of the Purchasing Department.
- Sorting and filing correspondence and orders.
- To receive all goods according to the correction specification stated in the purchase order/request and to the standard of the Hotel.
- To check prices and extensions on invoices (where applicable), tally with those on purchase order and bring to the attention of the Purchasing Manager any price differences.
- Price differences should be explained to the Purchasing Manager and credit requests must be prepared if necessary. If, for any reason, goods have to be sent back to the supplier, a request for credit has to be filled out upon return.
- Goods received without adequate documentation, a “GRWDN” has to be filled out and then treated like a delivery note.
- Ensure that the HACCP is following up correctly during the receiving of goods.
- Liaise with the Executive Chef or the Executive Sous Chef with regards to the quality of items received from time to time.
JUMEIRAH™ Hotels & Resorts are regarded as among the most luxurious and innovative in the world and have won numerous international travel and tourism awards.
The company was founded in 1997 and currently operates 20 hotels in 7 countries. Jumeirah’s promise of STAY DIFFERENT™ delivers imaginative and exhilarating experiences in culturally connected environments offering a thoughtful and generous service.
In line with this promise, the individuality of the Jumeirah portfolio is unmistakable, encompassing Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; the world renowned Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s most luxurious hotel and recognised as the symbol of Dubai, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London.
Jumeirah Group also manages two five-star luxury serviced residences: Jumeirah Living World Trade Centre in Dubai and Grosvenor House Suites by Jumeirah Living in London; Talise, our spa brand; Jumeirah Restaurants, our restaurant division; the thrilling Wild Wadi Waterpark; and the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management.
Whenever you stay with us or use any of our services, our aim is for you to come away with a sense of the Jumeirah spirit - a genuinely caring and personal service. In our own words, to STAY DIFFERENT™.