Descrizione del lavoro
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most prestigious hotels and resorts. The Group now operates or has underdevelopment over 32 hotels with more than 11,000 rooms in 24 countries in key business and leisure destinations.
Our award winning property, in the nation's capital, is situated on D.C.'s growing South West waterfront. Commanding monumental views, the property offers 400 guest rooms including 54 suites, extensive event space, and our Forbes Four Star Rated Spa at Mandarin Oriental. Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. welcomes individuals who are guest centered and are committed to making a difference every day; continually getting better to keep us the best.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will assist the Assistant Director of Housekeeping Operations and the Director of Housekeeping Operations in managing all aspects of the Housekeeping Department inclusive of all public areas as well as the uniform/laundry/valet facility. He/she assists in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in all guestrooms and public areas. Recommends and implements procedural changes. Performs routine administrative functions. Maintains Back of House & Housekeeping storage areas as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. General Management:
- Responsible for providing guidance and upholding the standards for the Room Attendants on the guest floors.
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping Operations in implementing and maintaining the Legendary Quality Experiences throughout the department
- Identify and report any training and development needs among the team
- Conduct training of assigned team members
- Providing work performance feedback to line level colleagues
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping with the implementation of LRA guest survey and MOQA/LQE action plans to continuously improve guest satisfaction
- Assist in maintaining and ordering proper stock pars for the Room Attendants
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned
2. Guestrooms and Floors:
- Perform daily inspection of assigned areas and guestrooms to ensure that the highest standards are met
- Monitor progress, ensure completion of deep cleaning program and assign tasks to housekeeping colleagues
- Assist with the oversight of the Perfect Rooms Program
3. Guests' Requests Handling:
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as requested. Conduct daily communication meetings
- Handle guest complaints and resolve immediately. Record complaint and action taken on the MOD log.
- Perform line level functions in emergency situations
- A minimum of 1 year supervisory experience in the hotel setting is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including mornings, afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience working in a luxury hotel environment.
- Computer literacy to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Proven ability to work with a variety of different people and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Physically competent to stand/walk for 8+ hours per day; perform minor lifting/pulling/pushing of items and carts occasionally; ability to climb/descend stairs occasionally.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent related work experience is required.
- Prior experience in a Union Hotel environment, strongly preferred
- Experience with hotel-specific software Springer-Miller and Timesaver preferred.
- Experience performing administrative tasks up to and including answering the telephone, dispatching calls, making signs, running reports, sending emails, and other tasks.
- Multi-lingual preferred.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
Advertised: 12 Oct 2021 US Eastern Daylight Time