Descrizione del lavoro
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from its Asian roots into a global brand, the Group now operates 32 hotels and six residences in 23 countries and territories, with each property reflecting the Group’s oriental heritage and unique sense of place. Mandarin Oriental has a strong pipeline of hotels and residences under development and is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
Set at the heart of the U.S. capital between Maine and Maryland Avenues and 12th and 14th Streets, SW, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC has redefined luxury in the city. Just streets away from the nation’s most revered monuments and the Smithsonian Institution, the hotel is also within easy reach of Capitol Hill and District Wharf.
Overview of Position
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will keep the guest’s perspective in mind at all times and carry out the mission of the Rooms Department
Director of Front Office will provide supervision, delegation, support and leadership in the Front Office in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by the hotel. The Director of Front Office will also serve as the Manager on Duty. This individual will also be responsible for developing & executing strategic and long term objectives for the department
Front Office Manager reports to the Director of Rooms & overseas the Guest Service Agents, Rooms Inventory and Rooms Coordinator. The Director of Front Office indirectly oversees the Guest Services Department & Guest Relations Department as needed
- Operate the Front Office properly, efficiently and profitability
- Supervise, Guide and Support all colleagues in the department with their duties
- Encourage the sense of teamwork throughout the hotel
- Motivate and inspire the colleagues to maximize their performance
- Ensure a warm, genuine and efficient guest’s arrival and departure experience
- Keep the Front Office colleagues informed & up-to-date with information related to the hotel, hotel group and operation
- Maintain all department files and ensure that paperwork is kept to a minimum and Guest information to be stored following company’s Policy and Procedure
- Ensure all the supply and tool for the colleagues to use are sufficient and available at all time
- Ensure proper staffing at all time, scheduling the colleagues based on hotel’s business demand
- Serve as the Manager on Duty and available to guests at all time
- Ensure accurate communication of information and guest requests to all relevant departments
- Ensure all the request and question by internal and external guest to be responded in timely and efficiently manner and out come to be up to their complete satisfaction at last
- Welcome guests in person; recognize and anticipate their individual needs
- Engage yourself actively to be present at public area for the quality check of services provided by colleagues and ensuring all standards are met in services
- Identify the service deficiencies and analyse the service trends and effectively communicates with the Director of Rooms for the improvement
- Handle all guest compliments, comments, observations and complaints in a timely and effective manner, ensuring guest’s complete satisfaction
- Revise and maintain up-to-date SOP
- Manage the Front Office Upselling Program, encouraging participation and growth to contribute to maximizing the room revenues
- Maintain high standards of Guest Data Quality
- Manage department Data Completeness score
- Manage Fans of MO guest recognition program and ensure the growth of enrolment and quality of program execution
- Ensure growth with the Departments LRA scores for both Arrival & Departure
- Ensure the departmental expenses are within the budget
- Administrate weekly payroll by following the company’s policy
- Administrate stock inventory and purchasing
- Ensure and maintain a very high standard of personal hygiene, behaviour and grooming standards of colleagues up to the hotel’s standards
- Perform aspects of human resources and training functions, including counselling, coaching, training, disciplinary actions, etc., for all colleagues in department
- Discuss and evaluate colleague’s performance throughout the year
- Attend management meeting
- Perform the task and project which being assigned by Director of Rooms and Hotel Management
- 2+ years management experience
- Prior management experience in a luxury hotel strongly favoured
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality or related field; or commensurate experience will be reviewed
- Excellent problem and conflict resolutions skills required; must be able to effectively and professionally address internal and external guest complaints and concerns in a timely manner
- Superior communication skills; fluency in English is required
- Computer literate to include Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, HMS Infor or other front office software.
- Advanced multitasking skill, ownership and attention to details with a strong commitment to always seek for superior guest service and guest’s satisfaction
- Ability to work a very flexible schedule that include longer hours, late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
Multi-lingual is preferred
Working with us means…
We are dedicated to delighting our guests and colleagues. We are committed to becoming the best and we emphasize working together to achieve this goal. We support acting with responsibility.
Working with us means working harmoniously, respectfully, passionately, and towards personal growth. Working with us means that you will be personally valued. From the initial interview through the comprehensive orientation to the numerous Learning and Development programmes, we are committed to providing a Mandarin Oriental ‘Colleague Journey’ that exceeds colleague expectations.
Become a Fan of MO! Click the links below to learn more about us!
Equal Employer Opportunity statement
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s colleagues to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Advertised: 02 Dec 2021 US Eastern Standard Time