Executive Pastry Chef
Cosa comprende il lavoro
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from its Asian roots into a global brand, the Group now operates 32 hotels and six residences in 23 countries and territories, with each property reflecting the Group’s oriental heritage and unique sense of place. Mandarin Oriental has a strong pipeline of hotels and residences under development and is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group. s
Set at the heart of the U.S. capital between Maine and Maryland Avenues and 12th and 14th Streets, SW, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC has redefined luxury in the city. Just streets away from the nation’s most revered monuments and the Smithsonian Institution, the hotel is also within easy reach of Capitol Hill and District Wharf’s
Overview of Position
It is the intent that the incumbent be responsible for the day-to-day preparation of Food and Beverage operations while maintaining a clean environment and helping out in all areas to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Meetings: Daily Catering, Chef’s Meeting, Weekly Staff Meeting, Weekly department head
- Coordination Execution of all Banquet Events, to support Gardemanger & Banquet Kitchen and front of the house operations
- Follow guidelines FLHSS
- Creating menus for various purposes along with High Tea
- Controlling & being accountable to the effort in achieving both Food & Labor Cost Goal
- Detailed execution of all mise en place functions from set up to scheduling, ordering, and receiving
- Monitor LMS Standards & LQE, MOQA
- New Product and trend research
- Safe and Sound responsibilities
- To communicate popular & unpopular content effectively
- Use the Employee Handbook and union contract as a tool to effectively coach
- Create professional working relationships amongst all fellow colleagues
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be a self-motivator and motivator of others.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Must have mathematical skills, computer software aptitude and some hotel operation knowledge.
- Serve Safe, Sanitation and HACCP proficiency
- Must be proficient in all aspects of pastry and bakery re: high volume banquets to fine dining, cake shop and bistro concepts
- Able to clearly understand and effectively manage all aspects food, labor, and operational cost.
- Minimum of 3 years of Pastry Chef experience in comparable environment.
- Culinary Arts degree desired
Working with us means…
We are dedicated to delighting our guests and colleagues. We are committed to becoming the best and we emphasize working together to achieve this goal. We support acting with responsibility.
Working with us means working harmoniously, respectfully, passionately, and towards personal growth. Working with us means that you will be personally valued. From the initial interview through the comprehensive orientation to the numerous Learning and Development programmes, we are committed to providing a Mandarin Oriental ‘Colleague Journey’ that exceeds colleague expectations.
Become a Fan of MO! Click the links below to learn more about us!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MO_WASHINGTONDC s
Equal Employer Opportunity statement
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s colleagues to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
- Dipartimento: Pasticceria
Executive Pastry Chef
A tempo completo, A tempo indeterminato
Data di inizio:Il prima possibile
Ultima data di inizio: