EXPLORE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Join our award-winning team of innovative and creative teams from all over the globe and embrace endless opportunities.
We are hiring for Finance Leaders in APEC!
Positions available (*Open for Expat Candidates living in South East Asia)
- Cluster Director of Finance, JW Marriott Mumbai Sahar
- Director of Finance, The Westin Dhaka*
- Director of Finance, The Westin Chennai Velachery
Functions as the strategic financial business leader, you will be responsible for achieving financial goals at each participating property. The position champions, develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on. In addition, creates and executes a business plan that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
Engaging in Strategic Planning and Decision Making
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit and exploring new business opportunities.
• Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans.
• Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute, and implement new business plans.
• Creates the annual operating budget for the properties.
• Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
• Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company’s and brand’s strategic direction.
• Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
• Collaborates with Operations and Revenue Managers to develop effective revenue management strategies.
Leading Finance & Accounting Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Communicates the strategic goals, the focus and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
• Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
• Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating department’s actual and projected sales.
• Uses financial expertise and analytical models to evaluate mix of transient and group revenue.
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
• Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the needs of all key stakeholders.
• Understands and meeting the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
• Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
• Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs and owner requirements.
• Understands the owners' perspective and ROI expectations.
• Attends meetings and communicating with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Improves profit growth in operating departments.
• Coaches management team to ensure revenue goals are met and opportunities are identified and addressed.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Sets aggressive goals that will drive the cluster's financial performance.
• Provides pricing and inventory recommendations that increase market share and attain revenue growth and profit goals.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Champions the use of technology to create operational efficiency.
• Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Identifies key projects and manages associated Capital Expenditure funds for implementation of brand initiatives, product improvement and increased revenue potential.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
• Master's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; Minimum 10 years experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
• Working experience in International Five Star Hotel will get preference.
Lingua richiesta: Inglese.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of approximately 8,000 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 139 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy®, its highly-awarded travel program. For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook and @MarriottIntl on Twitter and Instagram.