Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Manila Marriott Hotel, 2 Resorts Drive, Newport World Resorts, Manila, Philippines, Philippines VIEW ON MAP Schedule
To produce food items for service in the restaurant and catering functions, ensuring that all are prepared according to Marriott standards and specifications.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
- Prepare food of consistent quality following Marriott recipe cards.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Cook orders as requested, including special requests.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
- Properly portion all items on assigned station.
- Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
- Train entire team about 70 and 30 point food hygiene rule and regulations
- Ensures all Marriott SOP’s and LSOP’s are implemented correctly
- Obey to Marriott business ethnic conduct guide book at all times. Ask if you are not sure
- Obey to the hotel’s established associate handbook
- Attend daily 15 min training within your department
- Attend daily F&B briefings
- Attend monthly departmental meeting
- Other meetings as required for his/her position as request by Executive Chef/Chief Steward
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the business need.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.