Relocation Assistance Available, Bonus EligibleJob Number
Charlotte Marriott City Center, 100 W. Trade Street, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Functions as the strategic business leader of Event Management, including the departments of Event Planning, Banquets/Catering, Event Service and Event Technology (Destination Management, if applicable). Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position has overall responsibility for executing all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales. Ensures the team meets the brand’s target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing event revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and provides a return on investment.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Event Management Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
• Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Works with culinary team to ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Oversees Event Operations including Banquets, Event Services and Event Technology.
• Oversees event planning team.
• Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Leads the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
• Develops an Event Management strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.Leading Event Management Teams
• Sets expectations and holds event management leadership team accountable for desired service behaviors related to product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the critical few to achieve results.
• Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.Managing Profitability
• Introduces ideas to leadership team to enable property to remain competitive.
• Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
• Works directly with major groups when high profile and financial impact will be significant (limited instances).
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
• Communicates and ensures departmental and property emergency procedures are executed when necessary.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.