Sales & MarketingLocation
AC Hotel New Orleans French Quarter, 221 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pacific Hospitality Group, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
The Event Sales & Service Manager reports to the Director of Sales and is primarily responsible for ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by proactively prospecting, facilitating and closing catering and SMERF market group business opportunities. This manager will also act as the central contact for planning/detailing all event business, creatively bringing together customer visions and budgets with property resources to exceed customer expectations and meet/exceed property goals.
AC Hotels believes that attention to detail is the greatest form of generosity we can offer our guests. Whether it's the artful pour of a drink or the elegant line of a chaise. We believe that if we have time to make it, we have time to make it beautiful. Our special hotel is located in New Orleans, just steps from the famous French Quarter. We also enjoy the special differentiation of being the first AC Hotel in the US! We offer 220 European-inspired designed rooms, signature drinks and tapas in our AC Lounge, and a uniquely styled European breakfast buffet which is perfect for the modern business or leisure traveler visiting New Orleans.
Are you a fast-thinking individual that seeks challenges with enthusiasm and enjoys a competitive sales arena in the hospitality field? Do you enjoy working in an environment where your flexibility and ability to "think outside of the box" is recognized and appreciated? Are you interested in joining an exceptional team that works together to achieve each other's highest potential? If the answer is YES, AC Hotel New Orleans is looking for you!JOB REQUIREMENTS
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Identify new business that fits sales parameters by using a wide variety of means/tools and individual creativity and innovation.
- Negotiate group and catering business that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals.
- Must be willing to work some evenings/weekends/holidays depending on business demands
- Maintain accurate information in sales management tool (Delphi.fdc) on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts and all activities are complete and documented.
- Conduct site inspections, local sales calls and attend appropriate trade shows and client events to actively network.
- Maintain complete and up to date lead information on each account in Delphi FDC to verify accurate reporting and customer-based information.
- Uses all information systems (e.g., Delphi FD, DFA Web, MGS to research the deployment and value of the accounts deemed important for hotel.
- Meets with customer to understand needs, offer suggestions, and determine all set-up needs, equipment and menu items. Anticipates all needs to provide a flawless execution of the event. Identifies opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell services to optimize total revenue potential and guest experience.
- Maintains appropriate contact with customer contact to ensure accuracy, finalize all event details, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Follow proper event management procedures for event execution.
- Visits neighborhood local business accounts and coordinates follow up.
- Participates in community and hotel networking events.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) to sell effectively against the competitors.
- Communicates trends, opportunities and market changes to appropriate parties as needed.
- Executes written sales agreements for varied events including full-service meetings, social and corporate events.
- Creates and maintains each event's banquet event order (BEO) outlining all the event's details, including instructions for the event, including setup, menu and wine choices. Generates detailed resumes for the operating departments.
- Disseminates all information to appropriate operational departments to ensure customer needs are being met.
- Attends and oversees execution of events to ensure client satisfaction.
- Works closely with banquet department on operations and event execution and quickly evaluates alternatives and decides o