Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Epicurean Atlanta Autograph Collection, 1117 West Peachtree Street, Atlanta, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Mainsail Lodging & Development. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
We are hiring at the new Epicurean Hotel in Midtown Atlanta! We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our EPIC team! Do you think you have the right ingredients to add to the mix? Apply today! We’ve crafted a foodies paradise. A wine lover's dream. A place for connoisseurs of life to come and indulge their appetite. Because there is no greater homage to life than to indulge in and explore all the flavors that it has to offer. If you share our passion, we look forward to hearing from you.
Be a part of the immersive, appetite-driven hotel recognized for its high-end hospitality on a national level. Epicurean Atlanta has officially earned the coveted Four Diamond designation from AAA.
We are seeking a high energy individual who embodies a leader. As the Front Office Supervisor, you will be responsible for day to day Front Office operations including the Front Desk, Night Audit, and AYS (PBX operator). Ensures the Front Desk staff provides exemplary service to all hotel guests to deliver a memorable guest experience. Do you have the skills and drive for this position? We think it might be the perfect opportunity for you. Essential Functions:
Front Office Supervisor lead and perform all front office duties including check-ins, check-outs, reservations, guest phone messages and special requests. Supervisors ensure that guests experience a great stay. This position requires diplomatic skills and the ability to deal with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Front Office Supervisors ensure that all front office and guest services team members receive adequate training in all Front Desk policies and procedures. They assist the Front Office Manager in motivating the team and participate in the training and development of all Front Office staff. Front Office Supervisors make sure all arrivals are blocked and evens out the house count. They check arrivals of VIP guests, oversee possible upgrades, and have the concierge team deliver note cards to guestrooms per hotel chain standards. They verify the accuracy of the cash drawers at the beginning of the shift and supervise the close-out of shift work and cash at the end of the shift. Front Office Supervisors communicate all important information to the following shift to ensure a smooth transition through the Front Desk logbook.
JOB REQUIREMENTS Qualification Standards:
- Ability to interact with guests by providing exceptional customer service and share hotel knowledge using personalization such as using the guest’s name.
- Ability to use “Arrival manifesto and Departure manifesto” process when checking in and checking out any guest in a consistent manner. Making sure all Host are using as well.
- Responsible to know all functions to showcase the hotel and the hotel’s unique story to each guest.
- Assign and escort guest to rooms according to their preferences paying attention to those nonverbal cues that make each experience memorable.
- Process mobile arrivals and execute flawless service in remote check in area.
- Ability to engage and navigate high tech amenities and applications.
- Collect and verify methods of payment, produce room keys for all guests ensuring guest confidentiality throughout their stay and beyond.
- Serve as a concierge by providing local information for shopping, dining, and recreational destinations. Be prepared to assist guests in setting up reservations or tours in the area.
- Assist with guest luggage and receive, store, and deliver both luggage and mail.
- Respond to guest inquiries.
- Hold associates accountable to complete their “New hire checklist” and “90 days evaluation”.
- Follow scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch requirements.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room.
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room.
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision.
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area.
- Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Previous Opera PMS experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Make sound judgments quickly.
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines.
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others.
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community.
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
Marriott's Autograph Collection features a select group of upscale and luxury independent partner hotels, each with its own distinct personality, experience, style and features. Located in major cities and desirable destinations around the world, Autograph guests favor hotel stays that reflect their own unique and personal styles. Be a part of our team and deliver an innovative guest experiences that resists predictability.