Shanghai Operations, 9/F Tower B One ITC, Shanghai, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP Schedule
• Supports strategic planning and pull-through of all Premium Brand initiatives and programs relevant to the regions.
• Collaborate with respective Brand teams across global headquarters, continent and regional/area resources and/or cross functional discipline - subject matter experts, to execute exceptional on-brand execution.
• Execute global/continent aligned Brand proof-points to drive brand awareness / reputation in the regions.
• Support the delivery of strategic Brand plan and integration for HALO openings (in some instances; conversion hotels) will be a key focus.
• Consistently ensure all Brand activities consider the affiliation of our Brands to Marriott Bonvoy travel program.
• Ensure regular knowledge update and education sessions to drive stronger understanding of what each brand represents, and ultimately increase Brand equity.
• Work with Brand Activation & Standards team, regional, area and hotel operations teams to ensure exceptional delivery of guest experience that creates consistent Brand preference, market share and topline performance.
• Understand and activate relevant Brand Partnerships that enhance Brand Positioning, resulting in stronger Brand equity.
• Responsible to ensure Brand photography, contents and assets in continent are up to date and relevant. Call out anomalies, where applicable.
• Support and coordinate work to ensure on-brand solutions for key stakeholders.SCOPE
Responsible for the management of Premium brands; as determined by the continent VP-Brand:
• Key project facilitation and integration across the regions.
• Support Liaison between global/continent Brand and regional operations, as well as Brand marketing teams.CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
Location for this role will have dependencies. Selected candidate could be requested to be based in Shanghai or Hong Kong office, and final arrangement will be revealed by HR and the Hiring Manager.
• Hotel operations experience is strongly preferred.
• Prior brand management experience is required. Marketing knowledge is an advantage.
• Three or more years of management experience. International work experience strongly preferred.
• Languages: Proficiency in English required; proficiency in reading and writing in Chinese or other Asian languages strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of collaboration efforts with global brand management team is preferred
• Experience with coordinating the work to be within budget.
• Experience in executing work with strategic partners / agencies / vendors. Demonstrated relationship marketing skills a must.
• Good presentation and communication skills
• Proven ability to co-lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to take complex projects and efforts from conception to successful execution.
• Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy Internet speed-to-market requirements.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
• Experience working with associates/ vendors/ customers in remote locations and international markets (multiple time zones).
• Strong team player and ability to foster relationships and collaborate across disciplinesCORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Projects and Priorities
• Execute purposefully on the full-year marketing plan that prioritizes Brand presence and accomplish the desired outcomes.
• Ensure all presentations of any form reflect the Brand tone of voice, with clear, concise and compelling writing.
• Provides support and assistance to other team members to ensure timely completion of assignments.
• Analyze information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Think creatively and practically to develop, plan, and implement new Brand programming or initiatives.
• Provide recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes or programs.
• Understand and meet the needs of key stakeholders, related to Brand management work.
• Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.Brand Strategy & Planning
• Partner with key stakeholders on key openings and focus hotels within the Premium brand portfolio
• Educate/communicate on brand strategy, positioning, voice, strategic pillars and competitive environment.
• Educate/communicate consumer insights
• Represent the vision of the Premium brand portfolio at all times.Brand Performance & Development
• Execute on global brand strategies while ensuring alignment to the regions and market specific objectives.
• Responsible for the effective pull-through and localization of new brand initiatives in the regions.
• Provide regular brand updates as requested.
• Constantly monitor brand performance and develop appropriate actions with the relevant cross function teams to achieve the brand and continent objectivesOperations & Culture
• Responsible to communicate regular brand updates and Brand education to the field and hotels.
• Work closely with properties and regional/area operations to ensure on-brand implementation of brand operating standards, procedures, and brand programs.
• Support onboarding processes and calendar for Brand Leader with General Managers and key stakeholders.
• Provide opening brand support for all new HALO hotels prior to countdown, coordinates with Regional/Area Directors of Operations and Marketing to ensure all branded elements of luxury openings, opening countdown, Consumer Ops support etc. are executed on brand.
• Provide clear instructions for hotel opening teams to ensure branded critical path document for openings and conversions are executed.MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values. Managing Execution
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.Building Relationships
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Brand Management-The ability to generate marketing strategies that create brand recognition and differentiation and ultimately have a positive impact on customer relationships and business profitability.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?