Sales & MarketingLocation
W Hollywood, 6250 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, California, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Promotes on-brand messaging to customers through traditional, digital, and social media channels with the goal of driving revenue and supporting total hotel goals. Builds direct marketing plans, targeted campaigns, and activated channels to drive consumer awareness and preference, increasing market share, and building broader portfolio and brand awareness. Showcases Food and Beverage promotions, both to hotel guests and to local patrons. Connects into resources in their region. Liaises and builds deep partnerships with their regional eCommerce and Marketing teams to verify all local, social, and digital marketing efforts are effectively integrated with the selling efforts for the organization. Develops and executes basic marketing strategy across multiple outlets and for the positioning and pull-through of continent strategy that align with hotel goals. Supports and implements marketing strategies designed to drive topline revenue and achieve RevPar/share-of-wallet goals. Manages all internal and external communication, digital presence, including but not limited to property website, third party channels and social media while maintaining brand integrity. Activates incremental marketing opportunities ranging from partnerships, third-party sites and CVBs. Reports out on campaign performance to SMR (Sales, Marketing & Revenue Management) leadership as requested.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience Required:
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration or related major and 4 years experience in
the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising experience preferred
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales, marketing, digital or related professional area; hospitality marketing or digital advertising agency experience preferred.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Marketing and Digital
• Develops and executes the overarching marketing strategy from marketing plans to budgets for hotel/group of hotels that align with business priorities, with support and consultation of the General Manager(s).
• Cultivates partnership with and active participation in demand generation strategy development (SMR).
• Reconciles marketing plan monthly with accruals, forecast in conjunction with Director of Finance.
• Leads and/or partners with Hotel Operations to conceptualize/execute property-level Programming and Activation, based on brand guidelines.
• Serves as the hotel(s) brand guardian / liaison, verifying all marketing reflects brand voice. Leads the strategic pull-through of continent and brand promotions and campaigns.
• Partners with Revenue Management to develop and execute promotional strategy.
• Develops and manages property email marketing strategy, digital strategy across M.com and Third-Party sites, paid media campaigns and performance and verifies proper execution.
• Supports group lead generation efforts.
• Runs, reviews, analyzes and clearly articulates to stakeholders’ key reports and adjust strategy accordingly.
• Manages internal and external partners to verify deliverables are executed to support hotel strategy.
• Develops annual digital marketing plan to maximize hotel revenue production and identify digital marketing opportunities on third party and local partner sites.
• Monitors and provides recommendations for SEO and update as needed in collaboration with MDS or agency.Content Management
• Sets overarching messaging strategy for hotel/group of hotels aligned with positioning.
• Manages Marriott.com content (via EPIC, Efast, MDS Client Community, etc.), OTA content (via respective extranet sites) and Third-Party / Group Site content (via respective content management systems).
• Manages photography distribution including search photos, pre-arrival photos, and photo gallery management.
• Creates landing pages and Discovery Pages to enhance content, as applicable.
• Manages guest communications (e.g. confirmation, pre-arrival, etc.).Partnerships and Public Relations
• Identifies and cultivates partnerships internally and externally, including Marriott Digital Services (MDS).
• Maintains frequent, active engagement with Area Directors of Marketing to communicate overall recommendations and actionable next steps based on identified findings, best practices, and overall digital trends for their portfolio of hotels.
• Manages PR agency, if applicable, or internal PR messaging.
• Manages execution of PR events and promotions.Outlet and Ancillary
• Manages outlet marketing opportunities on third party and local partner sites.
• Defines in-house F&B programming in partnership with F&B Director and manage execution.Social Media
• Develops and implements social strategy.
• Manages paid social media budget and strategy.
• Assists in reviewing social media content calendars and collect local area and property events.General
• Leads, owns and directs asset development, including hotel collateral, photoshoots (sourcing, planning, on-site execution, post-editing and
• Measures and communicates success of campaigns and digital performance using relevant reports tools.
• Demonstrates the ability to create and maintain strong relationships and negotiation skills with key internal and external partners/stakeholders (e.g. GMs, Sales and Revenue Leaders, Regional Team, media representatives).
• Collects, reviews, and submits invoices for property marketing efforts and manage the overall submission process.
• Completes other reasonable duties as requested by leadership.
The salary range for this position is $65,794.00 to $119,734.00 annually. This position offers health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.