Descrizione del lavoro
Posting Date Jul 22, 2021
Job Number 21069485
Job Category Brand Management
Location Singapore Regional Office, 2 Harbourfront Place #06-08, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott International, Inc.
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This position is responsible for implementing and managing the Homes & Villas (HVMI) Operations & Quality Assurance strategy in Asia Pacific. The role is responsible for managing regulatory compliance, the Home Management Company (HMC) Global Quality Program, development of systems and processes to support growth and drive Intent to Recommend. To accomplish this, the Senior Manager monitors and provides oversight of operational standards and customer experience programming as well as tracking and reporting performance. Success in the position requires working diligently at pace and the ability to help the team problem solve in order to contribute to the wider team’s goals on Units, Revenue, Booking Rate and Intent to Recommend.
Education and Experience
- 3/4-year degree from an accredited university in Real Estate, Hotel Administration or Business Administration
- Advanced degree (MBA, MSc, MA) preferred
- 8+ years of experience in operations, with a preference for hotel industry, real estate, home rental or property management sectors
- Ability to demonstrate progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- Expert project management and organizational skills with a service mindset
- Ability to work diligently in a fast-paced environment, managing priorities, with excellent time management skills
- Professional demeanor, capable of expressing confident, independent judgment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experience
- Strong collaboration interpersonal skills
- Superior problem-solving skills using a 360-degree approach
- Willingness to travel 25-50%
- Job Location is flexible across Asia Pacific
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Operations and Quality
- Tracks, monitors and reports operational performance across markets
- Works cross-functionally to identify step change improvements to systems and processes, implementing these recommendations where appropriate.
- Establishes quality standards and processes that drive Intent to Recommend (paying particular attention to unit quality and listing accuracy)
- Deploys and monitors the Quality Assurance program
- Supports Supply Development in the process of onboarding new HMCs and units to meet team goals
- Ensures new markets are cleared for entry from a regulatory perspective
- Ensures team complies with national, regional and local laws in the markets we operate
- Handles escalated customer complaints and queries
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Helps team to analyze information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Escalates issues to Senior Director, when appropriate.
- Generates and provides insightful and high-quality reports, presentations to recommend strategic direction.
- Priorities initiatives to drive Associate Engagement and career development.
- Leads and participates in all relevant meetings to identify opportunities and drive change.
- Ensure continued communication and alignment with MI’s internal to leverage resources and create synergies.
- Ensures team maintains positive working relations with internal customers, HMCs / Connectivity Providers and the wider HVMI team.
Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Brand Management-The ability to generate marketing strategies that create brand recognition and differentiation and ultimately have a positive impact on customer relationships and business profitability.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.