Descrizione del lavoro
Do you have an amazing eye for detail to ensure that our guests stay in a perfectly cleaned room? Are you an expert in dealing with people from all over the world? Do you feel comfortable switching quickly between different tasks? This Facility Management internship might be the position for you!
The perfect candidates has:
- Attending an MBO or HBO Hotel school, facility or tourism education
- An independent and proactive attitude
- Representative, motivated and eager to learn
- Sufficient knowledge of the Dutch and English language
- Availability for a minimum of 5 months, 5 days a week.
What do we have to offer you:
- 38-hours work week
- A trainee allowance of €500,- per month
- Sunday allowance of 5%
- Working in a young and enthusiastic team
- Working in a hotel (chain) with many opportunities
- Uniform and laundry service form the hotel
- During the internship there are a lot of opportunities for internal trainings and schooling
- A lot of develop opportunities after your internship within Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts
- Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
The main responsibilities include:
- Control of several cleaning / facility companies who are contracted by the Mövenpick hotel Amsterdam
- Handling of the invoices of those outsourced companies
- Control and making reports of the room- and public areas checks. With a Quality Control System you track how the outsourced company full fill their tasks. If necessary you have to see what kind of opportunities there are for improvement
- Attending the daily Management Meetings in absence of the Rooms Division Manager
- Co-operation with the MOD manager / Front Office department, and if there are points in the MOD report regarding housekeeping, you will report this to the housekeeping department
- Communication with Maintenance with regards to technical failures
- Responsible for the stay of our VIP guests
- Responsible for the linen room; making sure all employees have clean and tidy uniforms
- Assist other departments (such as F&B) wherever necessary and maintaining an overall good working relationships
During this internship you will be the assistant of the Rooms Division Manager. One of the departments within Rooms Division is our Housekeeping department. The department is managed by us, however most communication will be with our ‘outsourced’ company.
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.
How to apply for this career opportunity?
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. Website: Go to website
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
PLEASE ONLY APPLY VIA: https://www.mpamsterdamjobs.com/Movenpick-stagesleerplaatsen/vacatures/Conference-%26-Events-Trainee-JPNLS27X0.html
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, an international upscale hotel management company with over 16’000 staff members, is represented in 24 countries with 72 hotels and resorts currently in operation. Focusing on expansion in its core markets of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts specializes in business and conference hotels, as well as holiday resorts, all reflecting a sense of place and respect for their local communities. Of Swiss heritage and headquartered in Zurich, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is passionate about delivering premium service, culinary enjoyment and sustainable environments – all with a personal touch.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre opened her doors in September 2006.
The hotel is situated on the ‘IJ’ and in the newest hot spot of Amsterdam between the Passengers Terminal and the Muziekgebouw.
Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a modern 4 star hotel and offers 408 luxury guest rooms and 2500m2 Conference space devided over 21 state of the art banquet rooms in the hotel and the meeting center. Our guests also have access to the Fitness & Wellness. Other facilities inf the hotel are the Silk Road restaurant that can seat up to 250 persons with the East meets West restaurant concept , Silk Bar and 24 hour Room service. Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam is a partner of IJvenues, together with the Music building, Bimhuis and the Passengers Terminal. For more information go to www.moevenpick-hotels.com/amsterdam & www.ijvenues.com.