Descrizione del lavoro
In line with the department policies and company sales targets, the Shore Excursion Manager is responsible to generate the highest possible revenue from the sales of shore excursions in every port of call, while delivering optimum customer service.
• Drives the shore excursions team in the delivery of high standards of service are delivered in regards to excursions’ bookings and sales, private shore activities and disembarkation arrangements;
• Drives the Shore Excursions Team in the achievement of sales targets;
• Provides guests with ports and tours information;
• Ensures implementations of Standard Procedure Manual with regards to shore excursions activities;
• Handles guests’ complaints and queries;
• Manages, trains, and develops the shore excursions team.
• Fluent English, oral and written and 3 additional European languages are required (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
• High School certificate;
• At least 3 years’ experience in the same role in the cruise industry;
• Experience in complaints management and selling techniques;
• Excellent communication and team management skills;
• Current and accurate knowledge of history, culture, geography, and excursions operations of ports of call;
• Computer Literacy, knowledge of Publisher and Fidelio is an advantage;
• STCW95 trainings are compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
MSC Cruises is the fastest-growing cruise line in the world. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is part of the Cruises Division of MSC Group, the privately-held Swiss-based leading shipping and logistics conglomerate.
MSC Cruises’ fleet of 17 modern and innovative ships is one of the most environmentally-advanced in the industry. The Company is committed to environmental stewardship and works to minimise and continuously reduce the environmental impact of its fleet both while at sea and ashore by employing innovative marine and environmental technologies. With a long-term goal to achieve zero emissions, MSC Cruises became the first major global cruise line to offset 100 per cent of its ships’ carbon emissions.
An industry-unprecedented €11.6 billion plan will see MSC Cruises’ contemporary fleet increase to 25 ships by 2027. Additionally, MSC Group’s Cruises Division is investing an additional €2 billion in a new luxury cruise brand comprising four super-yacht ships, launching one per year between 2023 and 2026.
Sailing to nearly 250 destinations across five continents, MSC Cruises brings together more than 180 nationalities from around the world, offering an enriching and immersive cruise experience inspired by the Company’s European heritage. Expect to find international dining, world-class entertainment, award-winning family programmes and the very latest guest-friendly technology onboard.
MSC Cruises is the only company in the world to receive the "7 Golden Pearls" award from Bureau Veritas, the global certification agency, in recognition of its high level of quality management and environmental responsibility. The Company has also achieved ISO 9001 and ISO 22000 certification for the quality and food safety of all aspects of its catering, both on shore and on board. Furthermore, MSC Cruises believes that global leadership brings increased responsibility towards the physical and human environments in which it operates. As such, a long term partnership with UNICEF was undertaken in 2009 to support UNICEF’s efforts at first to provide education to under privileged children in Brazil and anti-malaria solutions in various African countries. The partnership was renewed in 2014 to tackle malnutrition in developing countries and in emergency situations. Since the beginning of the partnership, over four million euros were raised.