Assistant Maître D’ will perform the functions of a manager in various food service venues to ensure the key performance indicators are met in a fair and safe working environment. These locations include but are not limited to Main Dining Room, Windjammer, and Specialty Restaurants.
While performing their management role, the Assistant Maître D’ will supervise all the service and culinary aspects of restaurant operations. He/She will ensure all employees are engaged in providing courteous and professional service to guests. The duties described below are performed either personally or through subordinates.
1. Responsible for meeting or exceeding all KPIs that are directly influenced by this role
2. Extensive Knowledge of menu descriptions and beverage/wine lists in order to explain items appropriately and to enhance the guests' dining experience
3. Ensures all venues are set up and maintained as per The Royal Way (includes table and side station set up and overall ambience)
4. Actively follows ServSafe responsible service of alcoholic beverages guidelines
5. Follows all Public Health requirements to the highest standard to ensure safety and well-being of crew and guests; ensures adherence to Public Health rules and regulations at all times
6. Collaborates with Restaurant Operations Manager to ensure appropriate allocation of staffing resources to various different venues based on guest traffic flow.
7. Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement by utilizing ROAD performance management.
8. Prioritizes targets and the generation of revenue in restaurant operations as a whole. Reviews financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation. Constantly reviews current operating procedures for revenue-enhancement opportunities, through shipboard marketing efforts, upselling programs, and special promotions, etc. that are approved by shoreside.
9. Ensures the care and maintenance of all equipment, props, supplies, etc.
10. Monitors at all times USPH and HACCP procedures for sanitation and cleanliness and monitors workstations and staff for adherence to those procedures. Enforces and follows USPH cleaning procedures for work surfaces, all related equipment and utensils.
11. Inspects the service and culinary aspects of all venues on a daily basis. Monitors the assembly and efficiency of the workstation during the current shift and the next meal preparation shift.
12. Investigates and resolves culinary quality and service complaints in a timely fashion and always with a view to exceeding the expectations of our guests.
13. Consistently manages by walking around. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required. Consistently holds or initiates daily meetings to address and resolve quality concerns and to continuously identify improvement opportunities in the form of a pre-shift meeting.
14. Responsible for all aspects of all Restaurant venues onboard the assigned ship. This includes but is not limited to the main Dining Room, the Windjammer Café, all Employee Dining Facilities, Room Service and any alternate or specialty dining venue/concept on the assigned ship.
15. Constantly assesses training requirements on RCLU and through Enterprise One by reviewing operational weaknesses and deficiencies as identified by our guests. Works closely with restaurant training manager to provide leadership and direction. Executes training programs and objectives including creating and developing training materials utilized by Restaurant operations team from RCLU or shoreside.
16. Conducts daily meetings, briefings and one-on-one sessions on a daily basis with restaurant managers, supervisors and front-line teams in all areas to ensure proper communication and leadership direction through ROAD performance management and its requirements
17. Adept with basic computer software used to properly communicate within the division and hotel and to administrate Restaurant Management functions including having basic knowledge of company-identified systems related to dining services.
18. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications (Education, Work Experience, Skills and Abilities):
1. Minimum of five years progressive food and beverage experience, preferably within a 4-5 star restaurant environment, is required.
2. Ability to manage an international staff or guest is required.
3. Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent is preferred.
4. Demonstrated aptitude for financial aspects, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control.
5. Demonstrated aptitude for the management of schedules, as it relates to and supports the business needs of the vessel
6. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement of quality service standards.
7. If applicant applies for Hooked Venue, candidate must have 2+ years experience in food service venue with more than 60% offerings seafood. Raw seafood experience required. Extensive seafood knowledge/application suggested.
8. Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.
9. Ability to train, guide, coach employees for succession planning.
10. Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment.
11. Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
12. Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
· Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian or Portuguese preferred
· All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers
· While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Lingua richiesta: Inglese. Francese, Italiano, Portoghese e Spagnolo sono un plus
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 64 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.