Director of Sales & Marketing
Executive in charge of reaching the targeted goals as defined in the Sales & Marketing Plan. Responsible for orienting and following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of respective segments through existing clientele and key prospects. This position focuses on the hotel’s national and international key accounts / key prospects base. Key Responsibilities:
- Supervise preparations and definition of the Sales & Marketing Plan and manual for the department and participate in setting up the sales & marketing policies, procedures and objectives.
- Determine the corporate/travel trade marketing and sales strategy related to pricing and promoting to meet the objectives outlined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Clearly understand and communicate the Corporate and Regional Strategic Sales Objectives to the Sales & Marketing team.
- Handle budgets for miscellaneous sales activities and promotions.
- Actively involved in the recruitment of all members of the Sales & Marketing Team in conjunction with People Services.
- Identify, retain and develop Talent within the team.
- Ensure that regular and appropriate communication is carried out with the Global Sales Offices that assist the Hotel Sales & Marketing team in achieving their goals.
- Carry out on-boarding for all Sales & Marketing colleagues.
- Follow the sales and marketing results (accounts’ room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with group business.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient follow-up on all leads to maintain a good relationship and generate group/individual leads for the hotel.
- Maintain permanent files for all corporate, group and travel trade account with strong room/night potential.
- Maintain and improve the efficiency of reservation centers, to ensure that information in reservation system’s database is updated. Coordinate such insertions to be realized correctly with the Reservations Manager.
- Through various tools (e.g. media, social events, gatherings with competition etc.), explore economical data, new developments in certain companies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit of the hotel and distribute this information to relevant staff.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.). Also explore and compare corporate traffic amongst the competition.
- Propose ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
- Supervise (and handle when necessary) the group and individual reservation requests. Follow-up the progress of the booked business.
- Set up the corporate rates for local/international companies / travel trade accounts as well as other commercial accounts.
- Collaborate with all local and overseas customers, make personal calls to accounts and trace potential customers.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient customer database system (SFA), which will be capable of identifying to report sales calls and other sales activities and maintain a vigorous updating exercise in certain periods of time.
- Maintain a fair account distribution amongst the sales employees who will be responsible to manage (visit, handling complaints, update information and follow up) their own account group.
- Cascade all relevant key information to the Sales & Marketing team.
- Update customers with the latest development of the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- Propose and coordinate the promotional activities undertaken by sales department and / or Food & Beverage.
- Supervise the coordination with the other department heads to ensure quality of guest / group satisfaction
- Project and prepare the participation procedure for domestic or international trade shows, fairs, exhibitions, workshops, road-shows, sales blitzes etc. and participate in such professional business related events.
- Supervise the quotations of group and travel agency rates as well as international corporate rates offered for multinational companies (directly or through travel consortia’s). Make sure that the respective Kempinski Global Sales Offices are informed of such quotations.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are! San Clemente Palace Kempinski
San Clemente Palace Kempinski is located on the private island of San Clemente, only minutes away by complimentary boat from Piazza San Marco. A proud member of Leading Hotels of the World, this exclusive retreat guarantees peace, tranquillity and privacy with its 190 rooms and suites overlooking the lagoon or the centuries-old park. Its three restaurants offering exceptional interpretations of iconic Italian and Venetian cuisine, the hotel’s proximity to Venice, and the unique combination of conference rooms and outdoor areas, make San Clemente Palace the perfect choice for outstanding events and weddings.