Description Who we are
Our Mission is to inspire authentic and meaningful connections.
Selina was born out of a desire to celebrate the nomadic lifestyle: to experience our planet’s most beautiful places, to build community, to engage with locals and fellow travellers, to work and enjoy new adventures. What the role is
This position will lead the Country Operations for Selina, reporting to the Country Partner. Responsible for all processes, programs and locations in the country under his/her care. The Country Operations Director will be a strategic player in the successful rollout of Selina in a country, as well as the profitable management of the operation in every location within it. What you will be doing
What you need for the role
- Participate and monitor country goals including each location' P&Ls as well as meeting established timelines to ensure Company goals are achieved.
- Set the strategic direction and vision for Operations for all Country locations.
- Align the operational and guest experience strategies to support the commercial goals and strategy.
- Be a vocal advocate for the Selina experience and brand.
- Actively participate in the training of all staff in the country: both at country and location level, specially focus on GMs as a strategic pillar in performance excellence.
- Lead the strategic efforts to establish,implement and comply with standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with the representatives of the different departments to ensure they provide the right level and quality of support to the locations in the assigned country.
- Analyze guest experience results to come up with improvements in the operations.
- Act as direct manager for all the location General Managers in the country. Provide them with guidance and support.
- Promote healthy relationships with other businesses and neighbors in the areas of our locations
- Connect the GMs and location management to the global functions that provide for them products, policies and programs.
- Monitor schedules of all departments and ensure labor efficiency
- Supervise the environmental health and safety staff or services in line with compliance.
- An excellent track record of operations and results delivery throughout their career.
- At least 5 years’ experience in multi-site operations or occupying a senior regional management role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- English and Native Language of the Country Assigned
- Experience in management F&B business (highly desirable)
- Smart and strategic, but a real operator who is happy to be hands-on and get into the details.
- Be entirely at ease operating in an autonomous environment and have a sense of urgency, high energy levels and thrive with low support.
- Experience working in multicultural environments
- A leader with exceptional people development skills – the ability to inspire and engage large teams but also encourage a culture of learning, training and support.
- Strong management and negotiation skills
- Solid abilities for reporting and analyzing information for decision making
- Cultural fit