We are currently looking for an Account Director, Global Sales - Luxury. This person will be responsible for growing existing relationships with luxury agencies and consortia whilst cultivating deep relationships with luxury travel professionals and advisors to ensure revenue goals are exceeded.Responsibilities
- Represent the group to the travel industry in a highly professional manner.
- Solicit new and existing accounts and achieve or exceed revenue goals.
- Accountable for performance objectives as outlined within the department and understand the financial goals of the GSO.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently at all times both with the hotels and the clients when negotiating rates, and discussing potential opportunities.
- Stay current on the needs and desires of today’s corporate traveler and meeting planners.
- Develop/maintain knowledge of market trends, customer travel preferences, competition tactics and sales activities and gain feedback and insights from specialty travel companies for SLG strategy and planning.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Participate as a team player with Americas and Europe GSO team and other internal customers.
- 1-3 years of prior account director level Leadership
- Candidate to be based in the US Northeast with a preference of New York City.
- Good knowledge of relevant geographic regions such as Asia, North America, Europe, Middle East and India.
- Demonstrates hands-on leadership skills that exemplify a high sense of commitment, integrity, teamwork and honesty that will develop sales and support staff.
- Excellent planning and follow-up skills.
- Experience in managing teams