• The purpose of this position is to act as liaison between the client and the meeting planner in each hotel, which makes that the sales & convention sales trainee is responsible for the offering, selling & contracting parts (more sales oriented) and the planner is more focussing on logistic and final details.
• The convention sales department handles all the incoming requests for events with function spaces and bedrooms, or group request with bedrooms only (as from 10 rooms for Aloft Brussels Schuman and Four Points by Sheraton and as from 15 rooms for both Sheraton hotels)
• The convention sales department handles the incoming request by contacting the client, in order to really understand what the client expects from the hotels, making a personalized offer, follow up the offer, by contacting the client again to review the offer and making modifications if necessary. Site inspections with the clients are also conducted by the person in charge of the file.
• If the client accepts the offer (often after negotiation), the convention sales coordinator / trainee is ought to prepare the contract and send it to the client. When the contract has been signed by both parties, the reservation can be considered as confirmed and definite.
As from this moment, the responsible sales person who is in charge of this booking makes a handover for the dedicated planner of the requested hotel.
• Liaising with the Revenue department and Sales department and the Banqueting & Conventions Manager to create a working environment that supports organizational and core values. Identifying key business and optimizing space and revenue (yield).
• To deliver outstanding customer service.
• Develop key strategies to identify key customer needs.
• Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients whilst on property and establishing a good partnership with the meeting organiser, visible and noticeable to attendees.
• Give Administrative support activities such as completion of Business Review Meeting, MPSI, Calendar’s, sales mail/e-mails, telephone calls…
• To provide regular feedback to the Convention Sales Manager, Director of Sales, and other managers as appropriate on operational issues, standards and procedures.
• Working with the Convention Sales Manager and Banqueting & Conventions Manager to develop strategies to enhance customer service and core standards.
• Assisting the person in charge of the leisure market;
• Handling of small and last minute requests for the Four Points by Sheraton and the Aloft Brussels Schuman (offer, negotiation and contract);
• Assist the Convention Sales Manager in the daily reporting and weekly reporting system
• Making sure that there are show rooms ready every day for site inspections and thus conducting the site inspections of the different hotels.
• Bachelor’s degree e.g. Hotel Management
• Experience with Excel is an advantage
• Word-processing skills: Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint an advantage
• Fluent in English and French or Dutch
• Experience in Food & Beverage departments (operational)
• Operational experience in Front Office
• All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed business appearance per Marriott standards.
Lingue richieste: Francese e Inglese. Olandese è un plus
At Sheraton we are constantly watching, listening, tasting and adapting to the needs of our current guests and to attract a next generation of travelers. The hotel is only a few steps away from the airport’s terminals and 20 minutes away from Brussels city center. The Sheraton hotel at Zaventem Airport is an assured player in the market with more than 30 years’ experience in the hospitality. The hotel features 294 guestrooms, one restaurant and 20 meeting- and event spaces.