We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our F&B outlets. You will serve a high-quality menu in close collaboration with the Executive Chef and motivate our staff to provide sterling customer service even during high demand periods.
The Restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability, and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you will need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you will hire qualified team members, set work schedules, provide -or book- trainings and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
• Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Ensures staff understands local liquor laws.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Strives to improve employee retention.
• Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
• Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
• Supervises daily shift operations in absence of Assistant Restaurant Manager.
• Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and payment of invoices.
What do we offer you
- A market conform salary
- Hospital Insurance
- Free use of the hotel fitness center
- An enriching training, learning and development program
- A compensation for your public transport expenses from and to the hotel
- Discounted rates for you and your family at all 8000+ Marriott International Hotels worldwide
- Fantastic career growth opportunities.
- Great team gatherings during the year to celebrate our successes.
- Reductions with suppliers
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Lingua richiesta: Francese. Inglese è un plus
At Sheraton we are constantly watching, listening, tasting and adapting to the needs of our current guests and to attract a next generation of travelers. The hotel is only a few steps away from the airport’s terminals and 20 minutes away from Brussels city center. The Sheraton hotel at Zaventem Airport is an assured player in the market with more than 30 years’ experience in the hospitality. The hotel features 294 guestrooms, one restaurant and 20 meeting- and event spaces.