Descrizione del lavoro
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
With waterfront views of the Manhattan skyline, Cecconi’s Dumbo features a large European-style bar leading into a main dining room and separate room available for private hire. Outside patio seating is also available.
Our Culinary Management team are leaders curating experiences through food while overseeing kitchen department. The team prides themselves in collaborating with local farms and producers. Food first and focused on delivering seasonally influenced and innovative dishes in fast paced environment without scarifying quality results. Our team of passionate chefs develop their teams to grow and deliver consistency in fast-paced and demanding environments.
At Soho House a Line Cook is responsible for maintaining a station or two as well as seamless preparation of food and sauces and assisting Senior Chefs with service. As a Line Cook, you thrive in fast-paced environments and positively influence the team by demonstrating highly skilled abilities of two stations as well as remaining calm during a busy service. Daily responsibilities also include preparation of food items in the pantry, fry station, and other areas of the kitchen as well as adhering to allergy requests and specific alterations to dishes.
A successful Line Cook, is a critical member of the team due to the focused and appreciated culinary abilities in two or more stations. Although not skilled in all stations a Line Cook is hyper-specialized and has proven ability to execute all menu items properly from prep to plate and deliver top quality dishes from two or more stations.
· Responsible for following ingredients on all menu items and able to produce consistent and quality dishes in fast-paced and demanding environments and on two stations
· Assist with inventory to support the kitchen operating at a sustainable food cost
· Watch wastage, cooking temps and quality to reduce additional costs, influence others on the cost of product and how it contributes to the profit and loss of the company
· Production and a-la-carte dish(s) execution. Including weekend feast ideas and family meal. Work towards specific goals and Soho House Standards for speed of service goals and consistent experience for Soho House Standards for service; 3-8-10
· Delegate some tasks as needed while also ensuring proper procedure is followed when clocking in and out for shifts as well as breaks
· Support Executive Sous and Jr. Sous with pre and post service meeting as well as follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Kitchen as well as restocks all items as needed throughout shift
· Positive influence for teams under pressure and provide a welcoming work environment that increases staff moral
· Attend “Cook House” trainings and support the mentoring and education of new and existing team members on areas they are looking to go
· Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner and sets up station according to Kitchen guidelines and maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area
· Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas and Commitment to quality service and food knowledge. In addition to the ability to comply with safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
· Be flexible on whatever duties or tasks you are asked to perform
· Be available to help and collaborate with other stations if requested or needed
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically.
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability.
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
- Sign On Bonus: of $500 dollars after completing 90 days of service
- $50.00 Amazon gift card for a candidate that attends their interview.