Server - Soho House New York
Descrizione del lavoro
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada and Europe, with new openings planned for all global regions, with the addition of Asia in 2019.
At Soho House culture is everything and we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work within them. Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
Our first location in North America in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District. A converted warehouse consisting of 44 bedrooms, Drawing Room, Club Bar, Vinyl Room, Pantry Bar, Restaurant, Screening Room, Rooftop with Swimming Pool, 44-seat Screening Room and Cowshed spa.
The F&B / Floor team reports to the Food & Beverage Management team and the General Manager. The team is comprised of problem solvers who are approachable and passionate about providing rememberable experiences through food, drink and culture. They are adaptable, team players who thrive in fast paced environments and proactively take ownership of delivering results and humbly providing rememberable experiences.
At Soho House, a Server is responsible for understanding, discussing and educating members and guests all menu items, allergies associated (if applicable) while also presenting an approachable and elevated experience by following Soho House Service Standards. The Server plays a crucial role in ensuring the success of service and guest satisfaction. Also, collaborates with other team members and completes pre-service and post-service duties, accurately entering orders into POS and being attentive during service to support additional member or guest request.
A successful Server maintains a positive and influential attitude, is detail oriented, process driven and flexible while working under pressure to ensure seamless communication is maintained through the Front of House (FOH) and Back of House (BOH) staff.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all coworkers and management as well as complete checklists on all trained processes learned in Club School
- Positively influence members and guests experience by elevating the dining experience with food and drink pairing options and discussing specials to drive sales through consistent and approachable communication and the highest level of service in accordance with Soho House Standards
- Maintain communication and advise Management and Executive Chef on any allergies or potential red flags encountered throughout the night to mitigate any forecasted risk
- Adhere to health and safety policies as well as all Company policies, procedures, standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable
- Accommodate special requests from guests or alternative solution that better suites business needs or advise management to further assess and provide options
- Ensure food orders are finished being plated and coursed out correctly before appropriately serving to members/guests
- Assist runners and bussers when possible with expo and service bar tickets to support all table orders
- Clean and stock server alley and bar area, polish silverware, plates and/or glassware as needed
- Complete all check out reports at the end of each shift and have it double checked and signed by management
- Knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions who asked by members and/or guests
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
· Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
· Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
· Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
· Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
· Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
· Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
· Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
· Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.