REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager/ Banquet Manager/Bar Manager
This position is concerned with attending to the needs of guests in the restaurant, room service, bar and banqueting, taking orders, serving and removing crockery and beverages in accordance with guest’s requirements and service standard.
1. To welcome and seat guest upon arrival at the table.
2. To assist the guest in choosing his or her beverage or food order from the menu. And try to up sell specials as specified by the Kitchen and beverage of the month.
3. To take the food or beverage order from the guest, ensuring that the order is accurate and has been double-checked.
4. To input the order accurately in the POS system as outlined within the Restaurant operating manual.
5. To ensure all cutleries are changed according to the order as outlined in the service standard.
6. To prepare all necessary accompaniments to go with order.
7. To serve any requested food or beverage item that is available, as per the service standard.
8. To assist where possible with any additional request (Note: any questions regarding hotel policies or procedures should be referred to the Manager), and ensure guests are to be made to feel comfortable at all time.
9. To make the guest feel welcome at all times, and ensure that the service offered is of the highest quality, and that service is prompt, efficient but not overbearing. And that service is offered with a warm smile at all times.
10. To be responsible for the cleaning of the table, during and after service to the guest.
11. To have a full understanding and knowledge of all items that are offered on the menu & beverage list in the various outlets.
12. To be responsible for the correct set up of all mise en place (Restaurant, Banquet and Bar) and side stations, and to ensure that there is sufficient and the correct equipment for the day trading.
13. Must keep his/her side station, section, bar clean at all times.
14. To not to stand, loiter near, behind or talk about any guest at any time, so as that the guest may hear you, or feel uncomfortable.
15. Will be required to carry out any reasonable request made by the Manager or supervisor, or from any member of the management team.
16. To report any problem situation or special guest request to the supervisor, immediately so as to ensure that prompt action is taken.
17. To be responsible for the set up of the outlet / banquet all, with tables, cutlery, chinaware, glassware and linen. Ensuring that the set up of each table is as per the standards required for each meal period and as set in the operating policy.
18. Is responsible to ensure that all chairs, booth seats, tables etc are clean after each guest has departed, and before a new guest is seated at that table.
19. Is required to change all dirty table linen, and replace with clean ones. All linen is to be checked on each table and changed if dirty; all linen used for one guest must be changed prior to a new guest sitting at that table.
20. Is required to remove all dirty dishes and glassware from the restaurant to the stewarding areas on a bussing tray, ensuring that the equipment is properly stacked and placed on the tray.
21. Is required to place all dirty equipment at the stewarding area, in the designated position and disciplinary action will be taken in the event that this system is not followed is required to prepare sufficient under liners and service equipment at the Kitchen pick up to facilitate the speedy service and pick up from the Service Pass.
22. Collect Room Service tray
23. To carry out all daily and weekly cleaning duties, to ensure that all furniture, fixtures and equipment is always in a clean.
24. To carry out extra duties such as dishwashing and organizing the back office of the restaurant/bar,banquet as per standards.
25. to maintain all the proper level and look of all the used equipment / food display such as cereals boxes, honey and jam pot, Milk jar, fresh fruits display, cahfing dishes, dispensers, beer taps. Ensure that the juice station is always tidy and the juice fresh and appealing.
26. To be responsible for their own float and collection of all money that is due from the guest, for services and products consumed.
27. To be responsible for the correct and timely (on shift) posting of consumptions
28. Must at all times show a positive approach to the position, when dealing with staff and management alike.
29. Must at all time show a positive approach to the position and Hotel, when dealing with guests within the Hotel as well as discussing the Hotel with persons outside the property.
1. Should be pleasant in appearance and personality.
2. Must be able to read, write, converse & understand both English and French language to an international acceptance level.
3. Must show flexibility and willingness to work.
• This position requires experience as waiter in a first-class operation, with the proven ability to meet guest's needs effectively.
Lingua richiesta: Francese. Inglese è un plus
Tangla Hotel Brussels is devoted to bring the Tanggula Mountains legend to life through the charm and customs of oriental culture. Harmony, Elegance, Excellence & Tranquility are the core values we pledge to provide our guests who will experience flawless personal service while appreciating the serenity of our setting. Perfectly combining the blessings of Nature and modern hospitality art, our guests can fully enjoy the Tangla experience while staying in our beautiful city whether it's for business or pleasure. Tangla Brussels Hotel is not just a place to stay at, it is a place to return to. We are ideally located for both business and leisure travelers, with convenient access to both the city centre and Brussels airport.