West London, The Hoxton has arrived!
Our fourth London Hoxton is located in the heart of Shepherd’s Bush, in the beating heart of an eclectic and diverse neighbourhood, With 237 playfully-designed bedrooms and an all-day restaurant - Chet’s serving Thai-American comfort food. Featuring a large open lobby with vintage seating and cosy corners, 237 bedrooms of different sizes, as well as a central wraparound bar and terrace, The Hoxton Shepherd’s Bush is perfectly located for exploring West London. We’re looking for a Part Time Finance Assistant to bring our brand to life in our newest postcode. What’s in it for you…
What you’ll do…
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact
What we’re looking for…
- Play a crucial role in the Pre-opening team of the most exciting opening in 2022!
- Contribute to the financial day-to-day of the hotel, including managing site revenue (and any variances), the sales ledger, ensuring payments are made and received as expected
- Make sure all our financial processes run smoothly and keeping an eye on how we could keep improving ways of working
- Help prepare monthly reporting, taking on aspects of the hotel month-end process that incorporates P&Ls, Balance sheet and cashflow
- Participate in running external audits
- Reporting directly to the Finance Manager
- Work with the rest of team on keeping things spic & span and running smoothly
- 2-3 years hotel finance experience
- A strong understanding of compliance, best practice hotel operations and standard systems
- Prepared to get your hands dirty during the preopening period
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way